Sunday, July 9, 2006

Sat July 8--2nd entry--The kids' dad

I was impressed today with the Spirit's leading to pray for G.  I know it's got to be difficult to read this journal and hear the kids come in & talk to him about all the things going on here.  I know that he is aware of the fact that this is the best environment for the kids, but it's still got to be difficult to recognize that someone else is raising your children...because you can't.  It makes me sad for him.  I am sure it's much like the way a birthmom feels when she gives her child up for adoption...she knows that it's the best choice she can make, but it's still hard.
We pray for your frequently, G.  The kids love you & speak of you often, but they are settling into life here.  Thank you for letting me raise your babies.  They are as dear to me as my own.  Next month will make 6 months since they've been here.  I wish I'd had them since birth (so that I'd know them even better).  What a precious gift to our family.  Our kids are learning lessons about life in a way that they'd have never known without A&K's presence.  Not everything is easy...in fact, much of it is very hard....but we love the kids & feel honored to have them in our home.  This has been the most challenging AND rewarding thing in my life, all at once.

No comments: