Thursday, January 10, 2008

The ABCs of me

I found this on a friend's blog & it looked like fun!  (Thanks Terri...for letting me steal this...well, I guess I didn't really ask, so you didn't "let" me....hmm....well, just forget you read this, ok?  haha)

Accent  I don't think I have one, but then again, I've never lived anywhere but here.  I suspect someone from the north could at least tell I was from the South.

Bible Books that I like  Colossians (after a year long study of this little 4 chapters long book, it really strikes a chord every time I read it!), and Psalms...which will always be my absolutely favorite.  It's been my "rock" through so many hard times.

Chore I don’t care for  I can only name ONE?

Dog or Cat  I really could go either way, but for different reasons.  I'm a mom, wife, teacher....I have enough to take care of.  So a low-maintenance pet (like a cat, which is lower-maintenance than a dog) is cool.  However, the snuggly, warm, sweet nature of a dog is hard to beat.

Essential Electronics  computer & digital camera

Favorite Cologne  Avon's Extraordinary or Avon's Goddess

Gold or Silver  depends on what I'm wearing it with, but I do have a lot of silver stuff

Handbag I Carry Most Often  I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl.  I have a black & white Betty Boop purse that I use w/ black pants/shoes outfits.  And I have a chocolate brown purse that I use w/ brown pants/shoes outfits.  So, I basically have those 2 & use them interchangably all the time.

Insomnia  Not very often...I can sleep just about anywhere, anytime!

Job Title  First & foremost, I am a wife & mom.  Second in line, I am a preschool teacher.

Kids  Savannah (11yr old), Samuel (7yr old) and Sarah (6yr old)

Living Arrangements  in a 3BR/2BA house on a quiet little street in a great neighborhood with my sweet husband & 3 kids.

Most Admirable Trait  I don't know......someone post a comment & let me know what it is.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior   Who, me?  I never misbehaved.  (wink!)

Overnight Hospital Stays   When I was in 1st grade, I had my tonsils/adenoids removed & back in the dark ages, you had to stay 2 nights for that.  Then I had 1 overnight stay while I was preg with Samuel & had a freak case of labrynthitis that mimicked preeclampsia, so they kept me overnight to watch me "just in case".  Other than that, I have only been in the hospital for my 3 births.  I've stayed AT the hospital w/ Larry after his surgeriesseveral times, though.

Phobias   snakes...yikes!  And rodents of just about any kind really freak me out.  I'm not AFRAID of them so much as just reallyyyyyyy creeped out by then.  Oh, and touching anything dead (pets, people...anything) really weirds me out, too.  Luckily THAT one doesn't happen very often so I don't have to worry about that much.

Quote   This changes often b/c I'm always hearing some cool quote that I focus on for a while....but the one on my myspace page right now is "We must interpret circumstances by God, and not God by our circumstances."  G. Campbell Morgan said that.

Religion  Is this asking for my religion?  In that case, I am Christian.  The thing is, I am not religious.  I have a relationship with God, which entirely different than religion.  I am forever looking at people's traditions & asking myself (& them sometimes), "Is that religion or relationship?".

Siblings  I have two older sister.  They're MUCH older, too....ya know, really ancient.  (snickering quietly)  I can get away with that because they don't often read my blog.  Tee hee!  Seriously, they're only 6 & 8 years older than me, so it's not that big of an age difference...I just like to tease them.

Time I Wake Up  During the school year, on school days, it's about 6:20.  On weekends & during the summer, it's more like 8:30.

Unusual talent  I can do a monkey yell that sounds pretty realistic.  I can also bark like a seal while balancing a ball on my nose.  (Ok, so skip the ball on my nose...but I can bark like a seal....or at least my kids think it sounds realistic.)

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat  There aren't too many.  I'm a big veggie eater & really do believe I could go vegetarian without much of a problem.  I do love my chicken, turkey & shellfish though, so occasionally I'd have to get a meat fix.  :)  I am a little picky about how I like different veggies cooked, but I will eat most veggies in one form or another.


Worst Habit  biting my nails.  I've done it since I was a preschooler & have never found a successful way of stopping despite trying many approaches.  I figure that's better than cigarettes or drugs or alcohol, so I'll stick to my nails & not worry about it.

X-rays  I've had a couple of my right ankle at different times when I've sprained it, but otherwise, I've only ever had dental xrays....never have broken a bone.


Yummy Stuff I Cook  ask my family!  I'm a great cook.  (well.....99.9% of the time anyway!)

Zoo Animal I Like Most  It's always been monkeys, hasn't it mom?  I used to ask for a pet monkey as a kid.  Some little girls wanted a pony.  Not me, I wanted a monkey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


  I think I could write a book on this one.  Your best trait: Always looking for the good in everyone.   As for never misbehaving, I guess I don't want to go into too much of that.  LOL!  Actually, you were a pretty good kid.  And as for the pet monkey, I think you gave birth to one.  You named him Samuel.   Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Most Admirable Trait  I don't know......someone post a comment & let me know what it is.

I would say, your a very caring dear friend to most that you meet. Both on the internet and in real life. Have to also add your sense of humor. Kind of off the wall, like me.

Kathy :o)