Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Break--day 4

Today I cleaned my master bedroom.  That was a big deal because our bedroom, like most master bedrooms of the world, becomes the dumping ground for everything no one in the house wants to deal with---so they toss it into mom & dad's room.  And so, without further adieu (sp?)..... my bed & either side of it this morning.

And after...yes, I LOVE my pretty cherry sleigh bed!

My side of the bed is sort of hidden from the doorway (it's to the right in the pic above) so you can't see all the crud on the floor & piles of magazines & books usually.  See?

Now you can walk over there!

Larry's side of the bed wasn't TOO bad.  And really, I didn't do a lot because I don't want to toss his stuff without him being here to debate the issue.  I just cleaned off his little bedside table, dusted it & put everything back on neatly.  Oh, and I cleaned up the floor around it.  Yes, the red bear has to stay---at least for a while, anyway.  Sarah gave it to me for CHristmas.

before

after

The desk is always messy...but I cleaned it up & just straightened it mostly today:

The 2 boxes are all books/CDs/movies that I've put on half.com in the past couple of days!  Come on buyers!!!

The only other pic I took were to show the way I felt this morning after taking all the "before" pics.  ha ha!

I felt much better afterward!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my rooms are messy too! the kids do laundry minus the folding they just come a dump it on my floor!

My kids don't get a spring break, just good friday this yr, not even easter monday!

I really need a few good days to clean!!!!!!!!


Sharon

Anonymous said...

LOL...  Oh Liz.. I just love you.. Now I don't feel so bad about my room...hehehe.. Is just about as bad.. Its bad when the parents room is worse then the kids!..lol

Anonymous said...

wow..I bet you will be happy to get back to work..lol..great job on the cleaning sprees !