Friday, October 17, 2008

Cory

In April of 1987, when I was 11 1/2 years old (cuz remember, those 1/2's make a world of difference at 11!), my older sister had a baby boy that she named Cory. While he was indeed her son, Cory rapidly became "my" baby. The family jokes that Cory was my first baby (before I had my own kids later on).

I spent weeks here & there with my sister during school holidays & summertime. I loved my sister, but really I went to get to see & play with my sweet little nephew. Of course, being a mom myself now, I'm sure Cindy invited me so that she could have a break & get a little rest from the busy-ness of motherhood! I carried him around, fed him, changed him. When he was about 18 months old, we even had professional portraits taken together. I was so proud to be his aunt.

Tomorrow, I get to become an aunt-in-law (I guess that's what you call it)! Cory is getting married to Leslie. Larry is doing the ceremony. Sniff, sniff...they grow up so fast. My first baby is all grown up.

I love you, Cory. Congratulations, hon...and welcome to the family, Leslie! Can I be your "favorite aunt", too? :)

The happy couple---aren't they sweet?!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awwww, how sweet. You and them :)