Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Nov 24 & 25


Yesterday morning (Tues the 24th) I started out my day with a trip to Samuel's classroom for his Thanksgiving class feast. It's not an "official" school party, but many of the teachers do something like this privately...and even invite in the principals to eat. I'm not sure how they pull it off, but they do. I loved how the teacher invited everyone to circle around the room & join hands while one of the children blessed the food we would eat. Who says you can't pray in public schools?! After the feast, I came home to do a few chores before heading back to pick everyone up at 1:00. They got out of school early so everyone was home & finding fun things to do by early afternoon.


Today was a great day! I got to sleep til nearly 8:00. Both girls had an eye exam & have GREAT vision (Savannah is 20/15 and Sarah is 20/20 & can read a few letters from the 20/15 line!). In fact, the doc said we could wait til 2011 to come back!


Savannah also had her monthly orthodontic appointment & got a thumbs up there as well.

Somewhere in between all that running, I made a stop at our grocery store to get milk & I left with a carton of Peppermint icecream. All the staff at our church have been raving about this yummy stuff so when I saw it on sale today I decided to give it a try. They were right. It's really good!



Tomorrow is our first of 2 family Thanksgiving get togethers. I'm ready! Bring on the turkey & veggies & pumpkin pie. I can't wait! My favorite holiday of the year!!!!

No comments: