Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Stomach Virus from He.....well, it wasn't good.

On Thursday night (2/18), Savannah's stomach didn't feel right when she climbed into bed. She was nauseated & I prayed that it was something she ate. No such luck. She was up half the night & continued to throw up into Friday morning...about 12 hours altogether. Poor kid. She had the weekend to recuperate and get back into the swing of things. By Sunday, she seemed to be better.

On Saturday, Sarah & I both had a funky tummy...not quite nausea, but not really "right" either. I couldn't put my finger on it, but we survived the day without getting sick and just figured it was our way of fighting off the 'bug'.

Everyone seemed fine on Sunday, so we went to church like usual.

Sunday night, Samuel went to bed feeling nauseated. He stayed home from school on Monday because he still felt sick. By the day's end, he was better.

Just about the time I wiped my brow & thought "Phew...it's finally all over!", I got it! Monday evening I felt REALLY bad, so I went to bed early. I'm glad I did. I got a little rest before it all started around midnight. From that point on, I was up all night long throwing up. Ugh. Yesterday (Tuesday), I stayed home from work & slept the whole day. I had no energy and was too exhausted to move. In fact, I stayed in bed til 5:30pm, only getting up to go potty and to go pick up the kids from school. That little road trip wore me out...I took a 2 hour nap when I got back! I think I ran a little fever last night, too.

I'm at home today. I'm not ready to move much and since I am still pretty wiped out, I decided that I needed one more day of rest before I go back to a classroom full of silly 3 year olds. I love the kids, but I know there's no way I'd make it today. I'm praying that NOW we're really D-O-N-E with this stomach virus.

Now...yawn...time for a nap.

No comments: