Saturday, February 2, 2013

Random Januaryness

Yep, when you're the blog author you can make up words like Januaryness.  It's in the contract when you sign up for blogger.  Ya know, in the small print.

So anyway, I wanted to catch everyone up on our January since today was the first day of February.


Since I haven't updated here in forever, let's back up a bit. In the 2nd week of January, I was contacted by the principal of the school where I used to work.  (the school where I worked until August of this past year when I went to work for our lawyer friend)  The lady who took over my position when I left had resigned.  (Ironically, she took a position that I applied for during my 7 week job search!  No hard feelings there, but I think it's pretty crazy ironic!)  Anyway, they called & told me she was leaving.  Her last day would be the 18th.  Since I already know the job & they really didn't want to have to re-train ANOTHER new person mid-year, they asked me to come back.  It's still just part-time (which means the paycheck is still teeny tiny), but hey...it's a job.  And the small paycheck is better than the one I was getting sitting at home looking for a job!

I was scheduled to start working on the 22nd.  But during the early morning hours, my wee baby girl woke up with a stomach virus.  I felt like the worst mother at 2:45am, patting her on the back & thinking to myself "Not tonight!!!  I'm supposed to start my job tomorrow!"  Fortunately, I was able to call my boss & get them to postpone my start date so that I didn't have to use a sick day right off the bat.  So I started the following day--the 23rd.  No one else in the house got sick, thank goodness!!

I've been back to work for about a week & a 1/2 now.  It's been nice to step back in where I left off in August, not having to feel the stress of a new job & the nervousness of whether or not I'm doing things right.  The coworkers have all welcomed me back so sweetly & I kind of feel like I never left.

Fortunately my boss is aware & completely understands that I can't commit to staying long-term, but I am committed to stay with them til the end of the (school) year.  I am praying (feel free to join me) that this summer I will be able to find a full time position within the district where I can move.  I really want to stay in the school system, so I'm praying that God opens a position up now & makes the way for me to move simple and smooth.

I am soooo grateful to have a job, though!  I have learned many lessons in the past couple of months.  I will never take the ability to hold down a job for granted again!

In other news this month, Larry's dad fell & broke his leg.  He's in a nursing home/rehab facility now, recovering.  Savannah placed 3rd at her UIL Journalism event last weekend.  Samuel has decided that he wants to try out for mascot (feel free to go ahead & send your donations for the cheerleader camp fund to my home!)

Hmm...I think that's all our Januaryness.  Let me know about yours!

No comments: