1. The phone rings; who do you want it to be? ha ha! I prefer to email or text, honestly. Not much of a phone talker. But if I'm gonna talk to anyone, I will take one of my girlfriends.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Depends. I usually go alone late in the evening (after dark). If I'm parking RIGHT BESIDE the corral thing, I will put it up. Otherwise, no. I park it in front of my van & leave it there.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Depends on the people I'm with.
4. Do you take compliments well? Not usually.
5. What is your most embarrasing moment? 9th grade, physical science class. A friend (boy) in class was chasing me around the room with a paddle pretending that he was going to spank me. In a hurry to turn away from him, I quickly sat down in a desk & heard a rip. Yep...the entire rear end of my jeans....gone. Nice huh? Thankfully a guy friend who had a big cowboy hat walked me all the way to the girls' locker room with his hat over my butt to cover me up. The boys in that class called me Pinky for the rest of the year (the color of undies I had on that day).
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Oh please. I'm a mother. I survived a child who didn't sleep through the night until she was 15 months old. I survived 4 major eye surgeries with her. I survived having two children born 10 1/2 months apart. I survived little to no sleep for almost 2 years. I survived waiting on my husband hand & foot after his spinal fusion surgery while mothering 5 young children. I think it's built into us to survive most things.
But in the wilderness? Alone? After about 3 days, I'd be done for.
7. Do you like to ride horses? I can take it or leave it.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yes! Every summer at Timberline Baptist Camp in Lindale, TX. SO many fun memories!
9. What was your favorite game as a kid? Sorry!
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it? No thanks. I have my own sexy man who pursues me all the time...that I'm married to!
11. Have you lied to get out of a date? Why would I want to do that?
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? I know everyone is different, but my faith is such a huge part of who I am that I don't think I could ever be with someone who was on a completely different page than me. Larry & I didn't come from the same denomination, but we were both Christians when we met. That wasn't too hard to overcome, but a completely different religion would've never worked for us.
13. Do you know anyone who acts fake? I think we all do.
14. Use three words to describe yourself? Umm....that's hard. I'll go with teacher, mother, wife.
15. Do any songs make you cry? Yes!! What doesn't make me cry is a better question!
16. Are you continuing your education? Probably not. I've toyed with the idea over the years, but to be honest, at this point in my life, it would take me so long to finish & we can't afford it. I just don't see it happening. Plus, to be honest, I'm afraid I wouldn't be a very good student this time around & that means the possibility of having to re-take a class because my grades weren't high enough...and remember the whole we can't afford it thing?
17. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Yes sir! When Larry & I were dating, he was in the police academy. He used me as his training dummie for all the tactical holds, handcuffing practice, fighting maneuvers (but he was nice about it!). And he taught me all the proper stances for shooting. To this day, he laughs that I am a better shot than him. ha ha!
18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? I guess this is asking about the 'stuff' I'd grab, not the obvious answer---my children! If so, I'd try to grab my purse & the computer tower. Or maybe our wedding picture album. Heck, I don't know. I have lots of things I'd want to grab, but only after I knew the kids were safe!
19. How often do you read books? Every day
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future? The past & present mostly. I don't have time to worry about the future when I've got so much going on right now. And when I think about the past, it's almost entirely with a smile. I'm a blessed woman!
21. What is your favorite children's book? Pinkalicious
22. What color are your eyes? blue
23. How tall are you? 5' 3.5"
24. How many children do you want? No more, thanks. I'm done.
25. Do you have a secret fetish? And if I did, would I tell it here? ha ha!
26. Have you tried sushi? yes. I've had it on chinese/japanese buffets a few times. I like some of it, but honestly don't have a clue which types I've had, so I don't know what I like & what I don't like.
27. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? yes! I try to drag Larry into every one of them we see, but he never wants to. I'm kind of a picture fanatic. And he's not.
28. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? November, I think. That's usually where we go for my birthday.
29. When was the last time you were at church? Last Sunday. Usually go every week, but this morning I was at the school seeing my daughter off on her band trip.
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? The preschool where I used to work....where I will be working again this summer! I had to go set up my classroom tonight because I missed the workday they had while I was at work last week.
31. Have you ever had sex at work/school? Oh good grief. How old was the person who wrote this survey?
32. Do you like mustard? Sort of.
33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? I can't have both? Boo!
34. Do you look like your mom or dad? My mom. The older I get, the more I see it. And the more people point it out.
35. How long does it take you in the shower? Depends on whether I'm washing my hair or not. Remember, it's thick. And just about waist-length. That takes a little time to wash & condition.
36. Are you an optimistic person? Usually!
37. What movie do you want to see right now? I think it's called "Something Borrowed"....but there are a lot of movies coming out this summer that I want to take the kids to go see!
38. If you could fast forward your life, would you? No. I want to enjoy every day!
39. Did you celebrate when you heard of Bin Laden's death? Not really. It took some time to soak in & think about it.
40. Do you think The Grudge was scary? No idea. Have never seen it.
41. Could you relate to a character in Mean Girls? I think I've seen this....not sure, though. If it's the movie I'm thinking of, though, then no. They were awful & cruel.
42. Are you a caring person? yes. Unless you hurt my babies. Or my husband. Then the mama lion comes out to growl.
43. Do you have an "ex box" with pics and letters from past lovers? Once upon a time I had a picture album with some pics of one particular old boyfriend, but I don't think it still exists. If it does, it's not because I've kept it on purpose.
44. Was your mom a cheerleader? No.
45. What's the last letter of your middle name? H
46. Do you like your middle name? yes
47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 5-8, depending on the night.
48. Do you like care bears? sure.
49. What do you buy at the movies? a trashcan sized Dr. Pepper & about a 1/2 tsp of cheese with 400 chips
50. Would you ever get an abortion? No. I can't imagine a situation where I would be OK with going through with an abortion. Even if I was raped, I would go ahead with having the baby. But I can say that I am not in the same place I used to be on this issue. Don't get me wrong. I'm still totally pro-life, but I've learned a lot in the past few years and my heart has been stretched. Sometimes things just aren't as black & white as they seem.
51. Do you wear your seatbelt? Yes!
52. What do you wear to sleep? PJs or PJ pants & Tshirt
53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Nope...and that's just fine with me!
54. How many meals do you eat a day? 3
55. Is your tongue pierced? no
56. Ever meet anyone you met on myspace or facebook? Yes! Lots of them, actually!
57. Do you read facebook notes? yes...especially if I'm tagged in it.
58. Do you like funny or serious people better? Both. There is a time & place for both.
59. Ever been to L.A.? Yes. Summer of '07. Great memories!
60. Did you eat a cookie today? No.
61. Do you use cuss words in other languages? No. I don't even use them in English. I just don't have it in me....I can't say a cuss word without giggling.
62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? The only time I've ever downloaded music was when it was a free download....and those songs are on my computer. I don't have an ipod or mp3 player to put them on.
63. Do you hate chocolate? Why on earth would I hate chocolate? It's a gift from God Himself!
64. What do you and your parents fight about the most? I haven't lived with my parents since 1994, so we don't really fight about anything. We may not see every little thing eye to eye, but for the most part we do. I'm grateful for the job they did raising me.
65. Are you a gullible person? Who me? Nah.
66. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? Probably. I don't like to be alone. I kinda thrive on relationships & communication. Thankfully that is no longer an issue in my life. Been married for a million years and love that!
67. If you could have any job what would it be? Oh the possibilities....I'd love to be a marriage counselor. Or a child life specialist. Or a missionary--ideally at Fatherheart Maternity Home....or at an orphanage in Mexico. Or a salaried preschool teacher. (grin)
68. Are you easy to get along with? People say I am.
69. What is your favorite time of day? Any time it's quiet & peaceful.
70. What is your favorite food? I like it all.
71. What is your favorite drink? Water or Dr Pepper.
72. Are you a virgin? I've been married for a hundred years. I have three kids. You do the math.
73. What is your biggest fear? Losing my husband. Or my kids. Or both.
74. Do you watch cartoons? Yes
75. What is your favorite store?: Depends...what am I buying? If it's clothes for me--Lane Bryant or Avenue or Target.
76. What was your favorite toy as a child?: Speak & Spell---loved that thing!
77. Are you a cat person? I am a low-maintenance pet person, so I guess so. But we've lucked out & had 2 great dogs who are also low-maintenance, so I'm a dog person too.
78. Do you fart when you laugh? No but I snort sometimes!
79. Can you cook? yes!
80. What are your biggest pet peeves? ha ha! Give me something a little more specific. My biggest pet peeves about....other people's parenting, other people's habits, other people's driving.....about work, about my children, about my house...... I could come up with something for just about anything. But really, I am an optimist! ha ha!
81. Do you know any other languages? a teeny bit of Spanish & sign language...and my husband's love languages (they're foreign languages to me!)
82. Do you believe in love at first sight? I must. I knew there was something amazing about Larry the moment we first locked eyes. And by the 2nd date, I knew it was "the one" for me.
83. What was your favorite subject in school? math or english
84. Would you rather date a jock/cheerleader, or a nerd? Hmmm....the nerd will make the most money in the end & intelligence is sexy. So go for the nerd, young ladies. It'll pay off in the end.
85. Do you believe in God? Absolutely. If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time at all, I hope you already knew that!
86. Do you believe in reincarnation? no
87. How much do you weigh? And I guess next you're going to want to know if I've ever picked my nose or if I've farted when I laughed. Oh wait, I think I already answered that!
88. If you could create your own "perfect world", what would it be like? All the things I could list here would only point to one thing: Heaven. And I can't have that here on Earth so I'll stick with the perfect world I live in now.
89. Would you ever go skydiving? I have seriously thought about it, but I don't know if I'll ever go through with it. I have serious dizziness issues and I don't know how I'd handle plummeting to the ground without puking!
90. Xbox, Wii, or PS3? I've never played anything on any of those systems. Can I just have an atari?
91. Do you think weed should be legal? no
92. What do you think of gay marriage? I can't support it. I disagree with the lifestyle, so I can't agree with the marriages. I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home, but I won't ever be comfortable voting for legislation that makes it legal. I have gay & lesbian friends and I love them, but I don't love what they've chosen for their lives. (and yes, I believe it's a choice. I know that's not the popular opinion, but I don't care to argue about it, so don't leave me comments to fuss about that. I'll ignore them.)
93. Do you take any medications? Just one for water retention. and a whole boatload of vitamins & supplements!
94. What is your favorite animal? monkey
95. Do you smoke? No
96. Do you support war? When it's necessary, I don't see that there's anything morally or ethically wrong with our country defending itself or helping our allies.
97. Do you like sports?: Not really.
98. Would you ever get plastic surgery? perhaps.
99. What is your natural hair color? the one I have.
100. Will you read other friends' answers? If anyone else is crazy enough to do this, sure I will. Leave me a comment & let me know if you answer these questions. And bless you for making it through all 100 answers!!