Saturday, April 20, 2013

Five Question Friday ---I've missed it!

None of you may have even noticed it was missing, but about a year ago I gave up doing the Five Question Fridays.  I'm not sure why.  I really like it!!  If you go to the blog "My Little Life" located at fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com, you can find the weekly questions listed.  They are good conversation starters sometimes.  Other times, they're just fun to answer.  If you decide to answer them, too, let me know!!

Onto this week's questions!  (I'm a day late!  Oops!)

1. Where do you hide things from your kids at?
At Christmas, presents go under my bed or in gift bags that are on the shelf where I keep gift wrap & bags (so it just looks like a bag sitting there) or wherever else I can find to hide it!

But if we're talking about snacks that I don't want them to eat, I put them in one particular cabinet in the kitchen that no one but me bothers to open. (That works for hiding snacks from Larry, too! ha ha)

2. What is your favorite rainy day activity for bored toddlers?
It's been a while since I've had a toddler.  My youngest is 12 yrs old.  But at the preschool where I worked, we have all sorts of crazy fun ideas for rainy days.  One of my favorites is playing in shaving cream.  I roll masking tape onto the table to divide it up into little boxes (one box for each child) and then squirt shaving cream on the table.  The kids love to squish & rub & spread it and it's easy clean up!

3. Are you a punctual person or are you always running a few minutes (or more!) late??
Umm...well, you see I have 4 other people following me around most of the time.  If it's just ME, I can get there on time.  If I am getting the kids fed, lunches packed, Larry out of bed & into the shower, etc...it may take longer.  It seems like we're always running late!

4. When eating out, do you prefer off the beaten path "Mom and Pop" cafes or tried and true national food chains?
I like both for different reasons!

5. Does your significant other snore? Do YOU snore?
If I could attach a sound file here, I totally would.  I've recorded Larry snoring to prove to him that he snores.  It's LOUD & like a freight train.  But he doesn't snore every night--only about 50% of the time.  I don't snore usually, but I have occasionally snored at random times.  Larry says I make a "click & pop" sound instead of a snore.  ha ha!!

No comments: