Sunday, December 22, 2013

Year of Dates: December



Tonight we went on our last date night of the year.  I have had so much fun spending time with my sweetie this year on our date nights.  If you're coming in late to the party, this has been part of Larry's Christmas gift from last year.  All year long, we've had 1 date per month from a box of pre-planned dates that I gave him last year.  If you'd like to catch up on all of them & read how this all started, scroll to the bottom of this post & click on the "A Year of Dates" label.  It will take you to all of the posts on this subject from the past 12 months.

Tonight's date was a simple one.  In this season of craziness, I felt like planning anything really elaborate wouldn't be wise.  So we found a table at Starbucks & drank warm cups of yumminess, nibbled some tasty pastries and just relaxed and talked.  (And thanks to a friend's sweet gesture a couple months ago, I had a $10 gift card, so our December date cost $3!!  Thank you Heather!!)

I don't drink coffee or tea (yuck!) so I had a hot chocolate while Larry drank some sort of fancy coffee drink.


Let me tell ya folks, the cranberry scones from Starbucks are to die for!  Yummmmmmmmmm!!


Larry posed our cups side by side & asked me to take a picture of that rather than taking a picture of us tonight.  I thought this was pretty cute, so I went for it.



For those of you who have joined us on our Year of Dates adventures this year, thanks for reading.  Larry is getting the same gift for Christmas this year, so starting in January 2014, there will be a whole new Year of Dates series of posts.  See you then!

No comments: