Monday, April 16, 2007

All I want for Christmas......

Sarah pulled 2 teeth in the past few days!  It's so cute to see her tiny little smile with 2 missing lower front teeth.  And here's the funny part.  She lost BOTH of them by pretending to be a puppy & biting on Savannah's clothes.  One came out on Thursday & the other other came out yesterday afternoon.  We jokingly told her (yesterday morning) that she ought to go bite Savannah shirt again to get the 2nd tooth out.....and then she did!  ha ha!  The little stinker!

All is well around here........just hanging in there & watching the kids grow.  :)

I posted this to my myspace blog yesterday, but thought I'd share here, too.  (By the way, if you want to see my myspace page, let me know & I'll send you the link.)

This morning, the 3rd-5th grade choir sang w/ the adult choir in our praise & worship service.  They sang right along w/ the regular worship music, not special "kid" music or anything.  The focus of the service was having all ages worship together.  Anyway, I was working in the nursery so I got a pager & sat on the backrow of the church to see them sing & then went back to the nursery.  (My co-worker in the nursery did great w/ the 5 kids while I was gone, by the way!)  Anyway, I was blown away.  Ya know, it took me til I was in my early 20s to really understand worship.  I mean, I grew up in a conservative church where raising your hands/swaying/closing your eyes to really get "into" the presence of God just wasn't done.  I never really saw anyone do that until I was older.  Anyway, it took me a while to feel comfortable raising my hands to God, but let me tell ya.......how freeing!
 
I was blown away watching the kids' choir---mind you, they're all between 8 & 11years old, roughly.  About 1/2 of them had their hands raised & their eyes closed as they worshiped.  The adult choir (who were standing behind them) had tears rolling down their cheeks watching them.  Wow!  How cool that they didn't care what others thought or how they looked but submitted themselves to God.  I am soooo excited that we're in a church where my kids see that all the time & don't think anything of it!!!!!!
 
When they were singing "Amazing Love", I started crying watching all the kids.  Beautiful!!!!!!!!  Someone asked me later why I teared up.  I jokingly said that I'm a big sap....put my baby on stage doing jumping jacks & I'm gonna tear up!  :)  But seriously, seeing her WORSHIP God, not just pay Him lip service....wow....blew me away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see your myspace!

Anonymous said...

"Anyway, it took me a while to feel comfortable raising my hands to God, but let me tell ya.......how freeing!"


AMEN!

Was it videotaped, by chance?