Saturday, May 30, 2009

SUMMER DAY 1, Sat May 30

I'm going to try to count our summer days again this year. I did it last summer & the kids thought it was great that I had a day by day account of what we did over the summer. We'll see if I can stick to it.

If you weren't around here last summer, this is the song that inspired me to count the days of summer. It's the theme song to a show my kids like to watch on Disney channel. Note the first line of the song! The video part of the theme song is missing, but at least you can hear the song.



Today was our first day of summer. Samuel spent the night with a friend last night & was there til about 1:00. This morning, Larry and the girls & I just hung out at the house & went to the garage sale next door. The girls each spent about a dime buying some little junky thing that will probably end up in the mounds of stuff under their beds, but it made them happy this morning. After we picked up Samuel, we had some quiet time. I have not slept well at night in over a week because of the stupid nighttime cough I've dealt with, so I really hoped I could doze for a few minutes this afternoon. Unfortunately I mostly just coughed. Some Robitussin helped a little. After we rested a bit, we got everyone ready to go to the lake for a picnic & a little swimming. Unfortunately, today was the local High School graduation and the lake was COVERED in drunken teenagers, so we opted to go to the park instead. We ate our sandwiches & played for a while before coming home. It's been a good first day of summer!

No comments: