Sunday, February 14, 2010

In honor of Valentine's Day

An online pal did this on her blog & I loved it, so I'm stealing her idea & sharing my own "Things I Love" in honor of Valentine's Day. (Thanks Jen!)


Things I Love (in no particular order)

*Sunday afternoon naps
*Days when I am off work & everyone else is at work/school, relaxing & reading, writing, watching a movie, napping & snacking...bliss!
*Bubble baths
*a new issue of People magazine
*quiet times alone with God, feeling His presence and drinking it in
*worship
*celebrating things with my kids
*listening to the kids giggle, even if the source of their laughter is something that only 9, 10 & 13 year olds can find the humor in!
*finding the "Jesus spot" at Walmart on Friday nights (a few of you know what I'm referring to...and if ya don't, email me & I'll fill you in!)
*payday....because I feel wealthy for a few minutes :)
*snuggling into a cozy bed when I'm drowsy
*backrubs
*making eye contact & smiling about a private joke from across the room
*being able to crack 'grown up' jokes with my 13 year old daughter & have her "get" them (Note: NOT dirty jokes, but ones with a little more of an edge to them!)
*snuggling with my kids in my bed, especially when they're sick or after a bad dream
*holding my husband's hand
*laughing til I snort & my cheeks hurt
*hearing the very first few raindrops fall
*building a snowman with my family (didn't even know about this one til Friday!)
*watching my sweet daughter raise her hands in worship, without the slightest hesitation or concern about what others think
*good music
*friends
*secrets & "inside" jokes with family & friends
*seeing the 'lightbulb' come on over the heads of the kids I work with
*seeing past students run to say Hello & give me a hug on Meet the Teacher days...and then watching them look back over their shoulder as they walk away to go meet their new teacher
*knowing someone well enough that I can cry with them without feeling weird about it
*girl talk
*chocolate, baked mac n cheese, chicken, veggies, berries, quiche
*ice cold water
*watching movies with Larry after the kids go to bed
*going for a walk with Larry
*just hanging out & talking with Larry
*sitting around a campfire with my family
*sitting alone at the water's edge & listening to the waves at the lake
*the smell after it rains
*Mom's chicken & dumplings
*holding a sleeping baby
*writing

If you should choose to repost a list of things you love, let me know so I can come read yours!

2 comments:

Bethany Littrell said...

I'm going to steal it and post it on FB. Be prepared!

Living the G life! said...

Love it!!! Especially the snorting one LOL! Okay email me about the Jesus spot please :)