Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break 2010....is over.

I got tons accomplished this week. I stayed up late every single night & got to sleep at least at LITTLE bit later every morning. I relaxed & enjoyed some really peaceful moments. I relished time with the kids. But now it's over. I don't want to whine that it's over considering it was a great week....but I wish I had more of it. I knew ahead of time that's how it would be. I'd enjoy it...but it would pass too quickly.

Here's a random list of things I did this week from my list of Spring Break goals that I wrote out about this time last week.

*Visit GABC library (you local folks will recognize those initials)
*clean & organize the kitchen
*clean & organize master bedroom & bathroom
*Samuel's orthodontist appointment
*Savannah's orthodontist appointment
*trip to the post office
*haircuts for Savannah & Samuel
*complete Spring evaluations for my students (of course, except for the 1 child who is beginning school on Monday...haven't met him yet, so I can't fill out his evaluation for a few weeks)
*drop off stuff at Goodwill
*benefit garage sale for youth pastor's international adoption
*shop at the Goodwill store for a lightweight jacket/sweater for Savannah (of course they had already put them all up for the season, so we left empty handed. Ok, so we weren't empty handed, but we didn't get a sweater/jacket.)
*cut out fish for school (to be used Monday)
*park
*use firepit--hot dogs & S'mores
*family game night (We played this game & LOVED it.)

Add to this list the fact that I got a fun new book by Laura Jenson Walker at the library & I've been in a nice, relaxed blissful mode most of the week. (If you don't know about Ms. Walker's books, check her website by clicking her name...she writes great stuff!)

Tomorrow begins a new week. We will have church in the morning & evening. I've got to make a trip to the school where I work somewhere in the middle, too, so it'll be a full day. And then it's back to the grindstone. I love the routine & schedule...but I sure will miss being able to sleep late. Oh well. I can't fuss. I'll work almost 3 full weeks & have another 3 day weekend (Good Friday). Hmmm....off for a week of Spring Break, then work 14 days before another long weekend. Yeah, I can do that. (grin)

No comments: