Thursday, March 4, 2010

We're adding to the family!

If you're my friend on Facebook, you already know about this.

We lost our beloved King last April & for about 9 months, we just couldn't bring ourselves to consider another dog. His doghouse sits empty in the backyard, but we just weren't ready to move on until now. Last week we decided to start actively looking for a new dog and on a whim, placed a craigslist ad. Sure enough, wham.......a zillion emails! When I posted to Facebook that we were going to meet a Golden Retriever this weekend (an hour and a half away!), a local friend shared with me about a Great Dane.

You should've seen the grin spread across my face. You could've heard the pitter patter of my heart as well. I LOVE Great Danes! Immediately, I asked for more info. We met her tonight. She is perfect for us!!! Very calm, loving, gentle, sweet. We're anxiously waiting for Saturday morning to arrive when she will come home with us!

Meet our new sweetheart: Guinevere!

3 comments:

julie said...

she is BEAUTIFUL!

Living the G life! said...

YAY!!!! congrats!!! :)

Unknown said...

oh, Liz, she is a queen!