Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer 2012: Week 9

I have been looking at the blog, thinking about how I need to write the Week 9 of summer post since Thursday night. I decided to put it off on Thursday because I had an interview Friday morning and I figured I'd just wait til that was over & write to tell you about it. And then Friday night rolled around and I forgot to post anything (you know, after I had the page pulled up for over an hour while I read all the blogs I follow). So here it is, 12:01am Saturday night (technically Sunday morning, I guess!) and I'm just now sitting down to write this. So here goes.....

Over the course of the month of July, it's become clear to us that the dollar figure on Larry's paychecks from his new job don't line up with what we had expected the figure to be. So I've been looking for a new job. I enjoy the one I have and will gladly return there if nothing else works out, but I have been on the hunt to see if I could find something else that will pay the bills instead.

I contacted our school district's personnel director (who happens to also be a good friend) and found out that there is 1 opening at the 6th grade campus I would enjoy. I applied and interviewed for the job on Friday. Now it's just a matter of waiting. If it does work out, it would mean doubling my current salary, so that would be ideal! I'd really like to get it, but I have no idea who all I was up against or what sort of experience any of the other applicants might have, so I'm just leaving it up to God.

In other news from our house...

Savannah has spent just over a week with her girlfriends. She visits them every summer. You may remember me mentioning them before. It is a set of twins who were Savannah's best friends in Kindergarten & 1st grade. They moved away the summer after 1st grade and shockingly, the 3 of them have remained incredibly close ever since. They are such sweet girls and it's been fun to watch them grow and to see their relationship change shapes, but remain so tight after so many years of living 3 hours away from each other! We are looking forward to making a drive to our half-way point tomorrow to bring our girl home. I sure do miss her when she's gone.

Yesterday, Samuel & Sarah attended our church youth group's day trip to a nearby large city. They ate lunch, played a game of Whirlyball (who knew there was such a thing?), went to a mall and then attended a minor league baseball game. They got home about 1:00am. They had a blast!

Time for me to crawl into bed & get my snooze going. Goodnight!

No comments: