Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer 2012: Week 6

Mercy me. SIX weeks. It really doesn't feel like we've been out of school that long, but I suppose it's true. The calendar doesn't lie.

On Saturday, we went to some relatives' houses & helped with their yardwork. I mowed and in doing so, inhaled about 500 lbs of sand. (Their ground is mostly sand.) I didn't think too much of it at the time, but by the time we headed home I was blowing my nose & blowing out MUD. As soon as we got home, I did a sinus wash and, I believe, cleared out everything (dust & allergens) that was in my head. But with each passing day since, it's become more clear that it definitely went to my lungs. I've been coughing & sound like a croaking frog when I talk. As long as I can keep my throat moist, it helps a lot. Ugh! Next time I'm wearing a mask for sure!!

On Saturday night after we got home from all the yardwork, we picked Samuel up at the church. The bus pulled into the parking lot about 5:45 and we met him with hugs. He had a GREAT time. It was fun to hear him talk about all his friends and the things he experienced.

Since then, it's been life as usual.

We discovered that Larry's pay raise with his new job wasn't quite as large as we had hoped for, so I am applying for a job in one of the school libraries this fall. I have no idea if I'll get it but we figured it can't hurt to try! In the meantime, we're looking for other ways to further cut our expenses, lower our bills & save money. Any tips we might have no already thought of?

The kids and I are looking forward to next week when we will serve with the rest of the youth group at an inner city park. We are putting on a "5 Day Club" which is more or less a VBS in the park. Should be fun! (and very hot!)

Hope you're having a great summer!

No comments: