Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sun Oct 29--Larry update

Just a quick update before I go get the kids ready for bed---

Larry has had a rough day.  He's pretty stiff & sore.  I'm not sure if it's because he over-did it yesterday or if it's because he had a bad night last night or what.  He didn't sleep a lot last night because he kept getting uncomfortable & without anyone there to help, he was stuck trying to get situated in the bed by himself.  He said there were a couple of times when he called for the nurse but it took them 20 minutes to get there & by the time they arrived, he was so exhausted from trying to get settled that he was hurting more than he was when he called.  I'm not sure if it was REALLY 20 minutes or if it just felt like 20 minutes to him.  Whatever the case, he had a bad night.  Tonight I really felt AWFUL leaving him alone again because I sooo wanted to stay with him, but I know that there are nurses there & they are capable of taking care of him.  While I was there today, he got up & went for a walk twice and I took him for a "roll" in the wheelchair outside.  He's struggling to get comfortable & stay that way today, so I hope that he rests well tonight & tomorrow is better.  He is ready to come home & be uncomfortable here....and I'm ready for him to be here.  They took out his drain, IV and pain pump today, so he's really on his own now.  I will get the kids to school in the morning & then head back up there for the day, and hopefully will bring him home.

The kids are all home now.  Everyone is playing & giggling & enjoying each other, but I've already broken up a couple of arguments...and it's only been a couple hours.  Whew....back to the grind.

One biggie----Andrew called me "mommy" today.  Right after he got home, the phone rang & he was closest, so he answered it.  I guess whoever it was (can't remember now) asked if Larry was home & he said "No, but my mommy is here".  I just about broke down in tears right then!  I got on the phone & answered the question of whoever it was....but was totally stunned the whole time.  Wow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats great :) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that larry is doing much better and that the surgery was a success.  i will keep my prayer candle lit each nite for a smooth recovery for him. i know it isnt easy having to be not active for 6wks. stir crazy for sure. just make sure you take care of you too. i wish i lived closer so i could come and help you out
i am send healing prayers for andrew. gosh i wish i could take away the pain that he has stored in his little head/heart of his. an 8yro shouldnt have to go through with what he has in his short life. this is just too much. hopefully time will heal his heart. btw, i really am glad that andrew was not allowed to come to the court this past week.  i never would have wanted him to see me the way i was, nor to have heard and felt the hatred i felt for his father.  please tell me that in time you and larry will tell him just what his father has done to his mother. that he will understand how much he(grady) has hurt them. in more ways than one. the only thing good that has come out of this, that A&K have a chance at a normal life with very much love in a permant home. this is what they deserve, stability. a home without drugs/alcohol.
well you all take care, debbie "O"