Monday, February 5, 2007

Monday Feb 5

This morning I discovered a great way to get in my workout for the day.  I set a kitchen timer for 30 minutes, got my step (from step aerobics) and my weights out, and put in a Casting Crowns CD.  For 30 minutes, I rotated between step, weights and floor work and had a good time listening to good music while praying & exercising.  This may finally be a way I can get it in!  Yahoo!
 
Some news on Andrew----
Over the year's time that he's been here, there have been at least 2 occasions that he said he asked Jesus into his heart at church.  Both times he seemed very confused afterward & couldn't really answer any questions when I asked him about it, so we just assumed that it wasn't "time" yet.
 
Yesterday morning when he got in the van after church, he told me that Chappy (our children's pastor) would be calling.  When I asked why, I was really thinking he'd gotten into trouble & I'd be getting a call about that....but he said it was because he'd asked Jesus into his heart.  We were driving down the road & there was a lot of chaos at the moment, so I told him I was proud of him and said we'd talk about it later on when we could really hear each other.  At bedtime last night, I had actually forgotten about it.  I know that sounds terrible, but he's done this several times now, so it's hard to know when it's for real.  He started telling me how Chappy had talked about the crucifixion.  He described some details that I don't think he'd heard before.  I asked him about asking Jesus into his heart & he couldn't really tell me any great details---just that he understood it now & hadn't before.  Some of his answers did seem really "adult", meaning he might've just been repeating things he'd heard a grown up say.  (I've found that he often repeats whatever he thinks I want to hear to make me happy only to find out later that he didn't have any idea what he was saying.)
 
We're going to talk about it more tonight w/ Larry.  Last night, it was 2 hours past his bedtime when I finally cut off the conversation & said "time for bed!"  I'll update later if there is more news to share on this!  Wouldn't it be cool if this is really "it" for him??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


  Praying for you and Larry as you try to understand what Andrew really comprehends of salvation.  At least we know the seed is planted.  Love you for loving this little boy who started the race so far behind the rest.
                                                   Mom

Anonymous said...

it would be wonderful if he did ask jesus into his heart:) please keep me updated:) have a great week

Deb