Sunday, February 18, 2007

One Year Ago today....

One year ago today I wrote the entries below.  I'm copying & pasting it from the day I wrote it.  Amazing...hard to believe it's been a year:

The first entry:
 
Today's the day!

It's after midnight.......so today is officially the big day!

We have Sarah's birthday party at 10:00 this morning, then A&K will arrive this afternoon.  Can't wait to get them here!  I'm so excited.  (But with the same sort of anticipation that I had while pregnant with Sarah....sort of a "oh my gosh" sort of excitement!)

The 2nd entry of the day:

Prayer Request for our bio kids

I can see the regression already....Sarah says she's excited about Kourtney coming to live with her, yet already has mentioned how "they'll get all your attention...".  She's crying & whining more, too.....

Last night, Savannah was crying & saying that she couldn't wait for things to "get back to normal" around here.  I tried to explain that this week has been very hectic & that I realized how hard all of this had been..........but pretty soon we'd have a "new normal".  I hope she understands that.

Samuel doesn't seem to be phased by things at all.  Heck, he's just happy to finally have another boy to play with.

They are due here within the next couple of hours....pray for all of us to welcome them smoothly.

3rd & last entry:

:::yawn::: Boy I'm tired!

The kids arrived today about 2 or 3.......can't remember which.  It's only been a few hours & I'm totally wiped out!  LOL!  I guess it'll get easier as they learn how things work here & get into the routine of things.

We took a little family picture right after they got here, so if you want to see it, email me.  (Lizreeves2@aol.com)

Larry's dad/grandmother stayed a little while before going home & leaving us with the kids.  They had told us a couple days ago that they both like pizza, so that's what I made for supper.  I bought 2 large-sized frozen pizzas & cooked them.  Turns out, there wasn't enough for Larry & I!!  We ordered 1 pizza for us from the local pizza place & just watched the kids eat til it got here.  They all wanted to watch different things on TV, so we played a movie instead.

Boy can we tell that Andrew's ADHD med was wearing off!  Oh boy!  He really is a very sweet boy, but he was sooo hyper & busy tonight.  I know that a lot of it is just being in a new house with all new things & he wanted to explore EVERYTHING, but I think a lot of it had to do with his medicine wearing down.  He loves the bedroom he's sharing w/ Samuel & loves all the billion toys in their room.  Samuel is adoring him, too!  Nothing like having a partner in crime.  I can tell we're going to have to keep the reigns on those two or we'll have little boys swinging from the ceiling fan blades soon!

Kourtney was a little withdrawn & quiet at first.  She would talk to Larry & smile for him, but really didn't want to talk to me.  I figure that it felt a little like someone was trying to replace her mama....and I don't want to do that at all.  We're going to talk about Kelly & show her pictures as often as possible.  But at the same time, I want her to love me, too.  By bedtime, she was a little more relaxed.  She told me several times that she misses her daddy & mentioned things her mom did for her several times.  She is a sweet, sweet little girl!

Bedtime has been a bit of a struggle....trying to get everyone to lay down & shut up!!!  We'll just continue to work with them.  Once they all get used to being here, it won't seem as exciting as it does now & they'll lay down more easily, I bet!

Anyway.......that's about it for tonight.  I'm am soooo tired.  I'm going to go collapse now.  :)

Thanks for all the love & prayers today.  Keep 'em coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow its been that long? God Bless  you all:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

It is amazing it has been a year.  I was out shopping this morning with Ethan and remembering shopping with him as an infant.  and here he is helping me!  I would never have imagined when he came to my home with the social workers that 10 years later he would be here and helping me like he does!
So much wonderful stuff happens in a year, remember to think aobut all the great things!
Becky