I love asking my kids questions from time to time about different things. Today I printed out some questions from an email I received recently about relationships, dating & marriage. These were their answers. (Everything, including spelling, was left as they wrote it.)
1. How do you decide who to marry?
Savannah, 14: Through dating, prayer & how they treat you.
Samuel, 10: I date them.
Sarah, 9: You need to know that it's the right person and they believe in Jesus.
2. What is the right age to get married?
Savannah, 14: I don't know...over 18 I guess.
Samuel, 10: 18
Sarah, 9: at least 19 or 20
3. How can a stranger tell if two people are married?
Savannah, 14: Check for a ring.
Samuel, 10: a ring
Sarah, 9: If they are holding hands or have a ring.
4. What do you think your mom & dad have in common?
Savannah, 14: Sarcasticness, silliness, and a love for God.
Samuel, 10: Christ
Sarah, 9: humor
5. What do most people do on a date?
Savannah, 14: Get to know each other & have fun
Samuel, 10: eat, see a movie, kiss
Sarah, 9: hug, hold hands
6. When is it okay to kiss someone?
Savannah, 14: I don't know. Once you've gone on a few dates, I guess.
Samuel, 10: almost always if you daiting or married
Sarah, 9: When you have a strong relationship in marriage or in dating.
7. Is it better to be single or married?
Savannah, 14: Either, but God made us to want others, so I guess married.
Samuel, 10: married
Sarah, 9: Married so you can have kids and never be lonely.
8. How would the world be different if people didn't get married?
Savannah, 14: It would be lonely & sad.
Samuel, 10: no answer
Sarah, 9: Everyone would be lonely & crying.
9. How would you make a marriage work?
Savannah, 14: Marry the right guy and...I don't know.
Samuel, 10: buy her stuff and love her
Sarah, 9: Get along, don't fight, have faith
4 years ago