Friday, March 18, 2011

Five Question Friday


1. Have you ever testified in court? For what?
Does the municipal court where you pay for a speeding ticket count? Yeah, I didn't think so either. Outside of that, no. I've only been inside a court room twice. Once when Larry was scheduled to testify against the man who assaulted him when he was a "street cop". The other time was when we were given legal custody of A&K. (I didn't have to speak for that one.)

2. Do you still have your wedding dress?
No. We sold it after the wedding. I saw no point in hanging it in my closet for a hundred years when I knew I'd never wear it again. (in case you've never seen it, here's a pic where you can see most of it)

3. Is there a special place you like to go when you're happy, sad, stressed, etc.?
Most often, it's right here at my computer. I write. But if I need to get away from the house, I go for drives at night when I can roll down the windows & listen to the crickets chirp, or I drive out to the lake & just watch the water lap up against the shore.

4. If you have kids, do they sleep with you? If you don't have kids...will you let your kids sleep with you when/if you have them?
If you'd asked me this 15 years ago I would've given you an adament NO. But like sooooo many other things, I changed my mind after I had kids. All three of my kids slept with us as babies. None of them got into our bed with us at night with the intention of staying there all night, but they always ended up in our bed before the night was over. And I loved it! I never dreamed that I'd be a co-sleeping mama, but I wouldn't trade those times for the world!!!

Our oldest was such a HORRIBLE sleeper & wanted to eat every 30 seconds (give or take...ha ha) so she ended up in bed with me out of desperation for some SLEEP! When she slept snuggled up to me or laying on my chest, she'd sleep longer and I was all about whatever it took to sleep when she was little! The other 2 kids ended up sleeping with us a lot too. After I'd feed them, I just wanted to get back to sleep, so I'd just cozy up to them & enjoy their sweet little warm bodies up against mine. To this day, all three of my kids are still snugglers. Once in a great while, one of them will crawl into bed with us to talk or after a bad dream or whatever. They all like to lay in our bed & talk through hard topics now & then (during the day) too.

I know lots of families who are opposed to it but it worked for us.

5. Do you watch late night TV?
No.

No comments: