Friday, January 24, 2014

Prayer Time

I'll be honest.

I love to pray for my friends & family...mostly because it keeps me from praying like this:

Dear God,
me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me.
AMEN.

But even though I enjoy praying for others, lately I've found myself distracted and struggling to stay focused when I pray because I have always got something else going on.  Right now, at 10:34pm, music is playing in the girls' room, the TV is going in the next room, the washing machine/dryer are running.  My boys (the big one & the little one) are talking about the TV show they're watching.  You get the idea. There's always something to distract me.

So in the past couple weeks, I found a new time to pray.  And it's working!  Instead of blaring my favorite Adele CD or the local Christian radio station, I spend my commute time every morning praying.  My husband and kids are first, then I pray for whoever else has needs that I know of.  If I end up with any time left (I often don't), THEN I will turn on music.  I have a long, winding country road to make my 20 minute commute to work and really look forward to my time spent talking to God in the mornings.

When is your most dedicated prayer time?

No comments: