Thursday, May 4, 2006

May 2-4

On Tuesday, I barely got home from dropping the kids off at school before the phone rang, telling me that Samuel was in the nurse's office with a low-grade fever & a "really red throat".  Oy!  Since Andrew & Savannah just recently had strep throat, I went ahead & called the doctor.  I picked up Samuel & went straight to the pediatrician's office.  Sure enough....strep throat!  Ugh!  The funny thing is -- Samuel never acted sick all day long.  I guess we must've caught it real early or something!  Thank goodness we got the antibiotic started quickly & all is well now.  Time to bathe everyone in Lysol again!  (ha ha!)
 
On Wednesday, I took Sarah & Kourtney and went to eat lunch with Andrew at his school.  He told me right off the bat (back in February) that it would NOT be cool if I showed up to eat lunch with him.  Thankfully he has changed his mind & thought it might be OK after all.  When we got done eating & his class was lining up to head back to their classroom, he jumped up & ran off.  I just sort of laughed it off & thought "typical boy...forgets to say goodbye or anything".  I figured he might still be sort of embarassed that I came to eat with him, so I blew it off.  I went about packing up the girls & I, throwing away our trash and getting ready to leave.  About the time I got done, I turned around to see Andrew running back into the cafeteria.  I figured he left something there, so I started looking around to see what he might've missed.  When he got to me, he wrapped his arms around my waist & hugged me really tight for a long time, as if he might never see me again.  I just about broke down & cried right there in the middle of the cafeteria.  :::sniff, sniff:::  Sweet boy!  I thanked him for coming back to hug me & he took off to get back in line with his class.  I stood there in the cafeteria, a little stunned, for a few seconds before I grabbed the rest of our stuff to leave.  I guess it shouldn't shock me too much.  Every night, he wants me to come & snuggle with him before he goes to sleep.  Even if it doesn't mean actually laying beside him & cuddling, he wants me to come lay near him while he falls asleep.  There really is a little boy underneath all that tough guy exterior.  I love seeing that come out more & more the longer he's here.
 
While we were driving home from eating lunch with Andrew, Kourtney & Sarah started singing a song they'd learned at church.  Sarah quickly hushed them & reminded Kourtney that they couldn't sing that song in front of me.  I heard giggles & whispers from the backseat & then asked why not.  Sarah told me it was a "secret song" that they were learning at church to sing on Mother's Day.  Then it hit me...this year, Andrew & Kourtney will be really torn on Mother's Day.  Between missing their mother & trying to celebrate a new one, I can only imagine the emotions they will be going through.  Please start praying for them now.  I get all worked up & cry every time I see the mental picture of them singing in front of church in a couple of weeks.  I hope they handle it ok.  Kourtney told me this morning that she wants to go visit Kelly's grave again before Mother's Day & leave some balloons there for her.
 
Tonight, Don & Bo (we love you!) came over & helped Larry lay the forms for the new bathroom.  The plumber will come early next week & get the plumbing part done & then we'll have the concrete poured.  WooHoo!  I have pictures!!  Email me to see those.
 
Here is Andrew's newest favorite song.  I have the Wow Hits 2006 CDs & he is always requesting that I play this one.  I looked up the lyrics online tonight to see what it actually says, to make sure I'm not missing anything.  Wow....pretty powerful stuff!
 
Atmosphere  by TobyMac
I know you keep a journal and every page is rippled
From the tears that you cry, ain't no meanin' to your scribble
Cause words can't describe what you've been feelin' inside
It's like thousand foot walls, and they're still on the rise
 
But look up to a beautiful sound
And see for yourself you're not that far down
And know this, I cannot love a little
My promise to you is unconditional
 
And I'll keep the light on, baby
Just keep the course, you can weather the storm
I'll keep the light on, baby
You've come this far, don't you ever lose heart, now
 
Just turn around and I'll be there
I'm moving into your atmosphere
Just turn around and I'll be there
I'm moving into your atmosphere
 
I know you're all alone in a crowd full of friends
I can see it in your eyes that your fadin' again
Checking out, moving into your hole
Where the light can't touch any part of your soul
 
But hold up and let the river rush in
You can turn around and start livin' again
Cause your life is a beautiful bloom
In the image of the one that created you
 
I'll be there
 
Said I'll be there, said I'll be there
Said I'll be there always, forever

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE ENTIRE WOW 2006 CD IS GREAT! EACH DAY I TRAVEL ABOUT 100-150 MILES TO SEE MY PATIENTS, SO I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO LISTEN TO THE RADIO.  IF ANYONE HAS XM STEREO TUNE INTO THE MESSAGE CH 32 IT'S GREAT!!!!!  
BEING ONE OF EIGHT I REMEMBER WHEN ONE GOT SICK, WE ALL GOT SICK, KIND OF LIKE DOMINOES!
CPJBO8