Friday, May 26, 2006

Wed May 24 #2

Today was Andrew's birthday.  The morning began with singing & chocolate cake with candles for breakfast.  Andrew was acting goofy, but I figured it was just that he was excited about it being his birthday, so I didn't think too much of it.  When he got done getting ready, he ran over & grabbed the 2 sacks that contained the boxes of cupcakes for his class today.  Of course, he didn't take into account that they needed to remain horizontal to keep the icing from getting stuck all over the top of the boxes.  :::sigh:::  I opened them up & sat the cupcakes back up but knew it was too late to fix them.  So we get into the car & drive to school, only to have him get out of the van & almost trip holding the boxes of cupcakes.  Thank goodness the PE coach was there & caught the boxes before they crashed to the ground!  I drove off laughing, thinking that we'd be lucky if ANY of those cupcakes made it to the classroom in one piece.
 
When I got home, I checked my email for about 5 minutes before Savannah called my cell phone to tell me she had forgotten something & needed me to bring it.  Knowing that I needed to go to the bank & post office too, I went ahead & grabbed those things before I left.  Got the things Savannah needed delivered, went to the bank drive thru and to the post office before I headed back home.  (oh, I also stopped at the donut shop for a pig in a blanket ....that chocolate cake breakfast was already wearing thin & I was feeling shaky....nothing like a good blood sugar drop to round out the morning!)  So anyway, I did all that & headed home.  Two blocks from our house, a cat ran out in front of me.... I hit it....and killed it.  I felt just AWFUL but there was no way I could've stopped in time when it darted out in front of me.  I went 2 houses down, turned around & went back to see the owner (a teenaged boy!) walking out toward the street.  I think he saw the whole thing, so I HOPE that he realizes I tried to stop.  I told him how sorry I was & drove home feeling like a horrible pet murderer.
 
I had several things waiting on me at home so I got started on the dishes when the phone rang.  A girlfriend from church was calling.  I am her accountability partner & last night she was going to take care of some things we've been talkingabout, so I was expecting that she'd call this morning to tell me how it went.  She was driving though & her phone kept cutting out, so we had to hang up & call back several times before we finally gave up.  While I was talking to her I found Andrew's Concerta {his ADHD medicine} on the kitchen table where he had been sitting this morning.  (which explains the goofy way he was acting this morning....I should've known better!!)  So off I go again, getting back into the car to take him his medicine at school.  By the time I got done with that, it was 11:40.  My kids usually eat lunch around 11:00, so they were getting whiney.  It hit me that we are out of lunch meat & only one of them likes PB&J....we're out of fish sticks & chicken nuggets.....no soup in the house....ugh, so Burger King it is.  I grabbed them some chicken strips & a salad for me and headed back home.
 
We ate quickly & I hopped into the shower.  Before I got in, I made sure to reenforce to the girls how they did NOT need to answer the phone or the door if someone called/knocked........and apparently they actually heard me this time!  By the time I stepped out of the shower, the cell phone was ringing---and it was Larry calling to tell me that the electrician would be arriving in 5 minutes to look at the wiring for the new bathroom.  EEEEEKKKK!  I was still wrapped in a towel with dripping hair at that point!  I quickly threw on some clothes & combed my wet hair before he arrived-----but during that 2 minutes, the phone rang 3 (yes, count 'em---THREE) times!
 
The electrician came & did his thing (INSIDE the house might I add...where it looks like a tornado has hit 2 or 3 times).  He left & I went back to return all the phone calls that came during that 5 minute span while I was trying to get dressed & dried off.  I have finally finished that now...and I've got an hour til time to go get the kids from school.   
 
Phew......a mother's job is never done!  LOL!
 
When I picked them up after school, we went straight over to Toys R Us for Andrew to pick out a new bike (his birthday present) & then had to stop at Walgreen's for some stuff to put on Samuel's hand.  {By the way, he's had some weird "thing" on his hand for about a week.  Please pray that it goes away soon!}  By then it was supper time, so we had to get fast food (yuck...twice in one day!) & head on to church.
 
Boy, I CRASHED when I finally slowed down for bed.

No comments: