Thursday, July 26, 2007

Samuel's funny comment today

I had a little giggle today & thought I'd share with ya.  As usual, my funny story is from something Samuel said.  :)

On Monday afternoon when we picked up Sarah from her first day at day camp, we were waiting in the car line when a lady wearing a tiny little halter top walked down the sidewalk beside us to pick up her child.  Larry commented on how the lady's shirt didn't look much bigger than a napkin.  We all talked about modesty and how important it is.  The funny thing is, we really don't have to address it much with our kids because they've never really been around immodest people, so it just seems "weird" to them to dress that way (hallelujah).

So the week has gone on, each day at 1:00 dropping off Sarah & every afternoon at 4:00, going to pick her up at the same location.  Every day Samuel & Savannah have been in the car with me.  Today however was different.  When we pulled up to pick up Sarah, Samuel was eyeballing the sidewalk up & down the street.  He said "Mama, where is she?"  Thinking that he was talking about his sister, I said "She's still inside, honey.  They don't bring her out until we pull up to the door."  He acted like he was confused, but took me at my word.  When we pulled up to the door, I put the nametag sign in the window for the teachers & they walked Sarah out.  About the time I shut the door (thank goodness the door was closed!), Samuel asked me again "Where is she???".  When I asked him WHO, he said "Napkin Lady!"

It took me a minute to realize who he was talking about before I cracked up!  The little knucklehead!  I guess it just goes to show....he's a BOY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL too cute

Deb

Anonymous said...

LOL  too funny...
becky

Anonymous said...

Muah-ha-ha-ha!

That's funny!

What was Larry's reaction to this?