Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday & Saturday

Savannah got home from camp yesterday afternoon.  She is hoarse (from screaming & singing all week at camp) and very tired, but otherwise, she's just excited to be home.  She lovedddddddddd going to camp, but when she stepped off the bus, she made a B-line for me & hugged me for a long time.  :)  My baby is still very much a hugger!  She got to pick out where we went for supper (Applebee's) and then we came home & all watched the camp DVD.  They put all the week's pictures on a DVD with music each year, so we made sure to buy one.  It's a really neat keepsake of her week at camp.  Once that was over, she crashed for the night.

Today was a good day.  Larry had to go to Dallas for a DivorceCare4Kids training seminar, so he was gone ALLL day (he left at 4:30am & it's nearly 9pm....he JUST got home).  So while we missed daddy, it was made good by a visit from a friend!  My friend Lisa & her husband and kids have been in Japan for the past 2 years.  They were here for Savannah's 9th birthday party, but then left soon after.  Lisa's husband is being stationed in Nebraska & they have to report there next week, so they came through Texas to visit her family on the way.  I got to have lunch with them today.  I wish she could stay here.  Our kids played together soooo well.  It was so sweet to see them so naturally bond especially since they all barely remember each other (if at all).  Lisa and I went to high school together and worked together at Mazzio's (my first "real" job--and the place where I met Larry), so we go way back!  :)

ahhhh.....a good Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad Savannah is home and she had fun:) lunch with friends great way to spend a Saturday:) enjoy your Sunday

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love those "I missed you" hugs!!
Becky