Saturday, July 7, 2007

Our week

It's late Friday night as I type this.  Well, technically it's Saturday morning.  I'm going to type this & then hit the sack.

This week has been great, so I thought I'd share.

On Monday, we didn't do much of anything that I can remember.

On Tuesday morning, Larry & Samuel went to a Cub Scout thing at the local fishery center (didn't even know we had a fishery center!).  They had fun while the girls & I hung around at the house.  Then we all spent the afternoon running errands.  We went to the Green Acres library (a local large church that houses a fabulous Christian books/videos/music library).  I checked out a Bananas comedy DVD that you ladies must see---it's Anita Renfroe (or Renfrow?).  She's a hoot!  You'll love her.

Wednesday was the 4th of July, but as we've had for the past 50000000 days (or it feels about like that many!), it was raining so pretty much everything got cancelled.  We spent the day hanging out at home, watching Star Wars & grilling in the rain.  It was fun....but it would've been more relaxing & fun if it weren't the thousandth straight day of rain that has kept us cooped up inside!  (Did I mention that we're tired of the rain?!)

Thursday morning Savannah had an orthodontic appointment & I went to pick up paperwork at the new place I'll be working this Fall.  That was cool b/c it made it all seem more "real" & "official"!  We went to my ex-job that afternoon & went ahead and cleaned out my filing cabinet.  They told me I could have all the curriculum that I'd used these past 2 years, so I jumped at the chance!!!

Today, Friday, was good--even if it started out to not look that way. 

I spent the entire day (seriously!) in my pajamas....not b/c I was lazy but because I was cleaning all day long & didn't want to get cleaned up to sweat some more.  You see, at 5:30 this morning, Larry's cell phone rang.  He's subscribed to a "Thunder Call" service that alerts you to bad weather.  (It's really annoying when it rings in the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning like this!!!)  Anyway, the phone rang.  After answering it, he went to the bathroom & loudly said "Hey, get up & come here.  The bathroom's flooded again."  :::sigh:::  Yes, this is the 2nd time in the past 3 months that it's happened.  The firsttime, we caught it as it first started coming in under the walls.  We got it all sopped up & put fans on it & all was well.  No damage to the floors or walls or anything!  This morning, everything was standing in 1/4 to 1/2" water by the time we woke up.  Not just around the perimeter of the room, but the entire floor.  Ugh....since it was so early & we were half awake as it was, we put towels down to soak it all up, wrung them out & then put down more & went back to bed.  By the time we woke up a few hours later, the water was pretty well all soaked up so we started washing all the wet towels & put the fans back on the floor.  Again, it looks like God was gracious & nothing is ruined....but man, I'm tellin' ya.....I'm sick of all this rain!!!!!!  Since the first time that the bathroom/laundry room flooded, it's NEVER been dry enough for Larry to go out & seal up the underside of those walls.  If it would ever quit raining for about 48 hours, he could fix the problem--where the water is getting in.  I can't tell ya how happy I was to see SUNSHINE this afternoon!  Now if that will just hold for about 2 days!!

Tonight was great.  The ladies from our old church invite me to all their girls' night outs & I never have gotten the chance to go!  Tonight I finally did!  We went to Piddlin' Pottery & painted our own pottery pieces and just hung out & talked.  It was great to reconnect with faces I haven't seen in nearly 3 years!  There were new faces, but for the most part, I felt right at home & it was almost like we never left Bethel.  I love you girls!!!  Thanks for inviting me!  Let's do it again!  I made a yellow mug with little purple flowers with blue dot centers.  I plan to use it as a pencil/pen holder on my desk this Fall!

Tomorrow I'm going to help Savannah get packed for camp.  This coming week she'll go to Camp His Way like she did last year.  She is soooooooo excited!!  If you'd like to take a peek at the camp website (it's such a cool place!) or if you'd like to send her a message while she's gone (by email), let me know & I'll send ya the link to the site!  She would LOVE to hear from people while she's there.

Ahhh...it's been a good week.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend:) send me the link i would love to email her

Deb

Anonymous said...

I can understand how ya feel about the rain..Over here, we are seriously considering building our own ark........lol.......Its starting to feel like the 40 day/40 night gig.......anyway.....our 4th was spent much the same as yours, except I killed a huge snake in the backyard much to close to the house sitting on our Guinnie eggs. When Holly went to check them she saw the black and thought it was the kitten so went to reach in to get it, God was watching out for her as usual, and since the darn snakes belly was full of 3 or 4 eggs he couldn't move as fast....or he would have bit her...
He's still hanging around.........but minus a head......

I'm so happy for Savannah to be going to camp...I pray the weather clears up for her so she can enjoy the outdoors and all the activities.......Please send us the email and the girls and I will write her a note or two while she's gone....

In case I didn't tell you....Congrats on the new Job....!!!!

                              ^^^^  Always looking Up^^^^
                                              Tammy
                                               

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz! I finally signed up here so I can comment on your blogs. :) ('bout time, huh?) So. You're experiencing lots of rainy days too, huh? Welcome to my 24/7 world. LOL! It gets tiresome after a while, doesn't it?! We're actually in our 2 good, dry months right now.
TOO funny! Gracie was at the orthodontist on Thursday too! She will have braces put on next year. We knew she would eventually.
Congrats on your new job!
Neat that you got to spend that time with the ladies from your old church. We used to go to Bethel in Modesto, and I really miss my friends there.
Tell Savannah to have a great time!:)
Love, Alyssa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/crazybusy