Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday 7/8/07

Yesterday morning, Sarah wanted to call Kourtney.  (She's usually the one to initiate those calls lately.)  We got to all pass the phone around & talk to both Andrew and Kourtney.  You'll be proud of me.  This was the first time that we've talked to the kids that I didn't hang up & cry afterward.  It's also the first time that Kourtney hasn't asked me when she can come back "home".  It was also the first time that Andrew hasn't had a "one up" attitude about everything he says.  Up until now, all the conversations with him have been like this:  "We got a rocket toy."........" Yeah, well I invented that rocket".  Ok, so maybe not that exactly, but you get the idea.  Very monumental phone call!  Before we hung up, I talked to Betty & she said they've found an attorney to get the custody arrangements taken care of.  In a few more months, they will "officially" be Jerry & Betty's kids.  I'm sure that time will be difficult for me emotionally, so if you think of it, go ahead & start praying for me on that.  I mean...my BRAIN knows that this is best, but it's still very hard emotionally at times.  The waves of emotion aren't nearly as giant & rocky as they were at the beginning of this rollercoaster ride, but when I slide down the valleys, I still hit bottom pretty hard.  (At this point....many of those valleys hit at about the same time each month, if ya know what I mean, so at least I can see them coming & recognize it for what it is & it doesn't take me by surprise so much.)

I've started working on my lesson plans for the Fall.  I know....I've got 2 months before the first day of school still and I could put it off, but I really LOVE doing lesson plans.  It's hard work & takes a lot of creative juice to get it done, but I really do enjoy it!  I'm anxious for school to get started now!  I'm going to have a ball with a new group of kids and I can't wait!

While Savannah's gone to camp this week, I think we are going to unbunk the girls' beds & re-do the way their furniture is layed out.  They've been saying that they don't want bunkbeds anymore, and now that we're not trying to cram 3 little girls into one room, we really don't HAVE TO have bunkbeds, so I think we're going to take them apart.  She'll be in for quite a surprise when she gets home.  It'll take some sweat & elbow grease,but we can get it done.

I am getting giddy.........a month from today we will be in California.  In fact, a month from right now we'll be putting anxious kids to bed---anxious because we plan to spend the following day at Disneyland!!  WooHoo!  Vacation, here we come!!!!!  We are actually going for my friend's son's Bar Mitzvah, but we'll spend several extra days in town to enjoy lots of neat things we'll never get to do again---Disneyland being one of those big things!  The kids have a Disney vacation planning DVD I got free in January & they've watched it over & over.  Yahoo!

I better get done reading my emails & hit the sack.  Time for bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the lord! i am so glad that things are starting to work for the kids:) and for you too. enjoy your trip and have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

I've been following your journey off and on for well over a year. I've commented once or twice before. I'm glad to read things are going well for you. And your recent phone call was a good one.

I also wanted to let you know, I live in California and am an annual passholder to Disneyland. If you'd like some tips from an insider, please, please feel free to email me. I love talking Disney. :)