Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thurs July 12

Another good day!

This morning, I started cleaning & organizing my bathroom.  I'm embarassed to say how long it's been since I last did that.  And hey...you can see the countertop now!  After all that time spent organizing all the "stuff" in the cabinets & culling out products I never use or won't use again, it didn't hit me til late tonight....I forgot to clean the shower/tub.  Duh!  That's kind of a big part of the bathroom.  Hmm....looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning!

I stopped cleaning the bathroom mid-morning to go eat lunch w/ my mom & the kiddos at CiCi's.  Yum!  I love their spinach pizza!  I think I'm going to go buy a whole pizza from them sometime b/c I never want to stop eating that stuff!  Hmm...now that I think about it, maybe it's best that I DON'T buy a whole spinach pizza from them.  ha ha!

We came home & rested for a while.  Sarah's Wed. night Daisies teacher called to invite her to Jumpin' Jacks Party Shack this afternoon.  (www.jumpinjackspartyshack.com)  It's a neat place the kids have been to a couple of times....just one big open warehouse sort of place w/ giant inflatable bouncy things for the kids to climb on & have fun getting all sweaty.  :)  She had fun!

When we dropped her off, Samuel was pouty because (as he put it) "the girls get to have all the fun today".  Since he was getting left out of "all the fun", I took him for a little date.  We went to Braum's & had icecream.  We even sat inside & ate it slowly.  I think THAT was the biggest "treat" to him.  We never go into a restaurant & sit down to eat anything these days.  Having me all to himself for a little while was a big surprise to him, I think.  We got several grins from older folks who were there (at 3:30) eating their dinner.  Remind me not to drink a milkshake again, though.  Over the years I've developed a bit of lactose intolerance & that much sugared down milk product gives me such a tummy ache!  It was 7:00 before I fixed a baked potato for supper & even that was hard to stomach.  I can handle a little icecream (like one scoop) but eating a whole bunch isn't real smart for me anymore!  Oh well, my baby boy had fun & enjoyed his chocolate icecream w/ chocolate syrup!  (yes, he's indeed my son with his chocolate fixation)

I spent much of the day working on cleaning & organizing the bathroom after we got back from lunch w/ mom.  Unfortunately, in all that cleaning & organizing I found what appears to be itty-bitty mouse poopies under my bathroom counter!  Eeeek!  If you don't know me well, then you don't know that I have a severe mouse/rodent aversion!!!!!  I set a trap & put it under there & as of yet I haven't caught anything, but trust me.....when I do, I will NOT be the one removing the nasty creature from my bathroom cabinet!  That is Larry's job!!!!!!!  Hopefully this is the evidence of some long-since-gone creature........but if it's still hanging around somewhere, hopefully we'll get him/her soon!  YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!

Tomorrow my biggest baby girl comes home from camp!!!  Now that the week is coming to a close, I feel safe in posting the camp website.  I didn't want to do that early in the week in case some psycho happened to be reading & went to hunt down my baby!  But by the time anyone could drive there tomorrow, she'll be headed home!  So anyway, she's at Camp His Way again this year.  The website is www.camphisway.com.  If you click on "group pictures" on the left side of the screen, you can see our group.  They're at the very bottom of the page (July 9-13 group).  There are 2 pics.  One is the "serious" picture & one is a "silly" shot.  Savannah's on the far right side of the pic, standing beside a little blonde haired girl w/ glasses.  She has a bandana in her hair.  Can ya find her in the pic?  (It's sort of like Where's Waldo isn't it?)  Anyway, peek around the camp website.  It's an awesome camp!!  This is Savannah's last year to go (due to age), but next year Samuel will be old enough to go & Savannah will be in the Youth group, so she'll have some other cool place to go!

I guess I'm going to close this out now & head to bed soon.  It's 11:00 now....time to start yawning! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will go and look and see if i can find her:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

want to come and clean my bathroom???  purty purty please????
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,
Sweet you got that time with Samuel. :)
And OH NO about mouse poo! I'd freak too. I'm with ya on that one. :oP Hope you get it caught!
Looks like a neat camp Savannah went to! My 2 older boys just spent 2 nights with my folks and Gabe got kinda homesick. LOL!
Love, Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Geez, thanks for making me look bad.  Already working on lesson plans and that was back on the 8th than you posted that?  :)  Will you have the same kids all day or will you have a morning class and then another group of kids in the afternoon.  I'm growing more excited and more NERVOUS with each passing day about this Fall.  I've pretty well got my room organized but I have yet to really look through my curriculum.  This darn class is sucking me dry.  I've never dreaded a class as much as I do this one. :(  Only 3 more classes though and I am done, for a few weeks anyway.

Dave loves spinach pizza from CiCi's too.  U too have something in common. :)