Saturday, October 10, 2009

GREAT day!

I had a fabulous day! It started bright & early this morning when we got up to get ready for the smelly flower parade. (It actually bears a different name, but for safety's sake I'm not including that.) Anyway, we went to the smelly flower parade to see Savannah march with the band. As always they did so very well! We had to sit & wait for quite a while before the parade began, so we filled the time playing around & taking pictures.

It was a little chilly & drizzling rain so Samuel & Sarah took refuge under their umbrellas. Yes...Samuel is under the one on the right.

Last year during this same parade, Sarah took a picture of Larry & I together, so we needed an updated version. Sorry folks, I tried. Larry is always a goofball when you pull out a camera.

Larry got a phone call while we were waiting for the parade. In an effort to play a practical joke on him, the kids began piling pebbles on top of his shoe so that they'd all fall off when he moved his foot. Oh yeah...they're such rebellious kids. ha ha!!!!!!!!

Sarah & I leaned our heads together for a quick self-portrait.

The parade began at 9:30 & it was nearly 10:45 before Savannah's group came by. Unfortunately she was on the far side of the group so I couldn't get a picture of her, but here's the whole group as they approached us.

My sweet niece is one of the drum majors, so I got a shot of her, too.


After the parade, we went to a local Italian place with some good friends. It was so nice to see them! Thanks for lunch guys!!!

We came home & attempted to take a nap, but mine didn't last long. It's ok though. I had stuff I needed to get done. About 3:45, I woke Larry up & left with the kids for a local pumpkin patch. I realized recently that in all the years I've been a parent, I've never taken my kids to a pumpkin patch. I mean geez...what kind of mom am I? So today was the day!




After a trip to the pumpkin patch, we came home for supper before I left again to hit the grocery store. Luckily, my sweet buddy went with me, so I had a chatting partner all through the store. We had a good laugh at the end when I tried to re-do the Walmart floor with powdered sugar donuts. You just can't take me to nice places with me making a mess. :)

No comments: