Saturday, October 24, 2009

What a great day!

The day started out fabulous. I woke up about 8:00 & had to go potty but I was still half asleep so I layed back down & went right back to sleep. I heard Larry's alarm go off at 9:00. He snoozed it. At 9:15, I sat up & realized that I must've slept through the 2nd time it went off because Larry was already up & in the shower. Wow. NINE FIFTEEN! I haven't slept that late in well.... I can't remember the last time!

Larry went to an appointment at 10:00 and the kids and I hung out at the house. About 1:15, we left for a play put on by the Fellowship of Christian Swordsmen. Yeah, I didn't know there was such a group either. It was REALLY cool. Check out the group's website here. The play was about purity, but it was woven into a combination of 2 stories that were combined & re-written as the script of this play. Very well done, great costumes, good acting & AWESOME sword fights! The auditorium where it was performed is a little lacking in the sound department, but it was OK. We sat near the front & could hear well, but I suspect those in the back could likely barely hear what was being said on stage. We really enjoyed the show, but it was very long. The play started at 2:00 & it was 5:00 when we left! We were expecting it to be 1 or MAYBE 2 hours at most. Wow!

This is the program and one of the early scenes.



Larry had to leave a little early because he had to be at the church at 4:00 to help out with chaperoning & providing security for a youth event. The kids & I left the play and made 4 stops before we came home. The post office (I LOVE the machine you can use to mail packages after hours!!), Burger King, Walmart and another local grocery store that is having their twice-a-year buy one, get one for a penny sale! Between shopping there and Walmart I still spent less for the week's groceries than I usually do. The kids did so well through the whole thing that I 'treated' them to some giant cinnamon rolls after we got home. Of course, there was the one time on the toilet paper aisle when they were all getting bored.........


It was 7:30 before we got home! What a busy, full day! I love it, though!

1 comment:

betty said...

seems like a wonderful day!! that play seems awesome; maybe a bit long but definitely a good timely subject

hope tomorrow is a great day for you all

betty