Wednesday, December 9, 2009

10 Things that might surprise you about me


Our sweet music/worship/tech dude pastor at church posted this to his blog & Facebook and I love it....so I'm stealing it. (It's ok, I told him I'm stealing it.) Read it, then comment if you're going to post it too so I can read yours.

1. Despite my obsessive/compulsive issues at work and in many other areas of my life, my house is an absolute wreck. Most of the time. I've come to terms with that fact for now. When the kids are grown & gone, I can be OCD at home again. Til then, I've given up.

2. I do not like tea or coffee.

3. I have no idea how to burn a CD. (don't offer to come show me...our CD drive died over a year ago)

4. Larry & I don't own a DVR/Tivo. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I had it.

5. I have never watched a single episode of Dancing With the Stars, American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance. Actually...I don't watch much TV at all. (THAT part is probably no surprise at all, though.)

6. I bite my fingernails. Always have. I've tried to stop lots of times, but it just hasn't happened. At this point in my life (I'm 34), I don't see it happening. Oh well. I'm not that vain....don't really care that I have no nails. I don't think I could function with them anyway.

7. I go barefoot about 90% of the time, year-round, when I am at home.

8. Sarah fed me a booger when she was about 18 months old. I ate it & even said "Mmmmm" before she told me what it was. (I'll share that story one day.)

9. I love to wrap presents.

10. I am not real offended by people saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". Maybe I don't have enough righteous anger in me, but I just don't care one way or the other.

4 comments:

Candice said...

I'm with you on the whole 'Happy Holidays' thing. I always say 'Merry Christmas', but I don't feel like it's a big enough deal to get all worked up into a boycott-mode over, I guess.

Todd Wright said...

I'm with you on the "happy holidays' thing.

Melissa said...

I bite my nails, too. always have. I agree with the happy holidays thing, too. There are lots of holidays this time of year, and Happy Holidays says it all.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I enjoyed your list, Liz. I have always been a barefoot girl, too....until the past two weeks. I have a very thick pair of socks on, at the moment. I just can't do it. I am too cold! Ha ha. I am with you on Happy Holidays, too. I bit my nails as a child and off and on through my adult years. When I am anxious/ unsure about a situation, I find myself picking at my nails, and biting them.. Oh well. Love ya, sister. Have a great weekend.