Monday, December 14, 2009

Book Review: Let Go by Sheila Walsh


Several months ago when I finished reading my last review book, I was given the option to receive a new book & I selected this one. To be quite honest, I've listened to Sheila Walsh speak at Women of Faith conferences for the past several years and while I've always LOVED her, I have only read (part of) one of her other books. I wasn't all that impressed with that one & gave up before I finished it, so I was curious to see if this book would be different. After reading this book, I have to assume that when I read the last book, I must've not been in the right place in my life to "get" what the book was about because this book, Let Go, was simply amazing!

Sheila has the appearance, at the WOF conferences, of being a high class lady who would never understand my world. But every year when she steps onto the stage & opens her mouth, she immediately speaks into the depths of my heart. In this book, she does the same thing! While the book is advertised as being for women, I found that much of the book could apply to either sex. Sheila tackles burdens that we place on ourselves & reminds us of the depth of Christ's love for us. While not removing those burdens, getting a new perspective on them can certainly help. And with Sheila's words of great compassion and grace, tenderness & wisdom, it is easy to see why she is a best-selling author & amazing speaker.

I've found that in her speaking as well as this book, she can tell a story very specific to her own life while speaking very intimately to mine. She is a gifted lady with a heart for communicating the truth of God's heart to us, the readers. I highly recommend this book.

I am a book review blogger for Thomas Nelson Publishing Company. You can learn more about the program here: http://brb.thomasnelson.com/.

No comments: