Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I love paperwork.

I'm a nerd.

When the new school year rolls around & it's time to fill out a gazillion forms for the kids' teachers, I hear all the other parents groan & grumble, so I try to play along so they won't know about the psycho that looms within me. Honestly, I'm always a little giddy with filling out the new little cards & forms.

And those shopping surveys that come in the mail? Oh yeah...love 'em. I can't tell you how many of them I've filled out & then didn't send it once I spent all that time doing it. Seriously though, most of those will get you some free coupons & sometimes a product sample if you send them in. I realize most people think that a couple coupons & a trial-sized sample isn't worth the time it takes to fill them out, but hey...some of us like it, so hush.

Tonight we had a staff meeting at work. Our director gave us a big long meeting agenda. Yeah, I'm weird. Most of the other teachers listen to the director go through the agenda at the meeting & then promptly toss the paper it's printed on. Not me. I'll read it through 2-3 times before I throw it away. I am a fruitcake. I love the details & checking little boxes & crossing all my T's & dotting I's. It makes me feel like I accomplished something I guess. I'm not sure...I just love details & paperwork.

Am I alone? Does anyone else out there feel like an idiot admitting to their love of surveys & quizzes, box-checking & form filling out? There's gotta be someone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I can't say I'm this way Liz - but I can tell you that I sincerely appreciate those who are.

Our office administrator Zanda is this way. And it is because of him that most everything gets done, and gets done well.

I'd like to think I'm a fairly good writer, but whenever I send a letter, a press release, or whatever - I have Zanda check it. Because I know if he edits, the letter will be perfect.

He has To Do lists, colored coded post its that go into his daytimer, emails all the staff meeting reminders, and always dresses impeccably.

Come to think of it, he's the perfect man (LOL, he even ballroom dances - and he's a missionary with a kool NZ accent) know any 30-something single women in search of a husband? LOL.

I love you for your detail-love Liz!

Kate said...

That is SO me. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I get some kind of weird thrill out of completing my paperwork. Being a foster parent now, I have a lot of paperwork to complete. I actually like it. Strange.

Unknown said...

OMG LIZ im not even gunna be ashamed to say I love filling out paperwork, filing, stapiling, copying, mailing, all the office work its me!!! I look around for websites that would allow me to fill out paper work just cause!!!
If you find one let me know email me
tareanstotts@aol.com