Saturday, January 23, 2010

Read any good books lately?

I've got about 5 books on my nightstand. I've started all of them. What are you reading? I'm reading these:

This one is a quick read, little short stories from Christian authors connected with Women of Faith. They're little 2-3 page stories with a funny premise. Like the title says, it makes me Laugh Out Loud (LOL)! I grab this one for long soaks in the bathtub or when I have 5 minutes to read something but don't want to get all involved in a chapter book.

This one is a couple of years old, but I just got my hands on a copy a few months ago from half.com. I had been wanting to read it, but buying it new was just not gonna happen! It's still over $20 for a new copy and I don't pay that much for books! Sorry folks! I heard SO many good things about it, but honestly, I've struggled to stay involved in it. It's OK, but I haven't read anything yet that is really 'gripping' & makes me want to finish it. I'm going to try, though...

This one is a family's biography of their life with their daughter, Hannah. She had cancer & this is their story of Hannah's life. I've only read the reviews for this one. I can't wait to start it. It sounds like a tear-jerker.

I bought this one on the Barnes & Noble site with a gift card I got from one of my students at Christmastime. I love biographies, especially ones with a religious/spiritual side to them. We Christians call them testimonies. :) This is a story of a Muslim lady who met God. I haven't read it yet because I'm in the middle of this one:

13 Reasons Why is soooooooo out of the scope of normal for me. I wouldn't normally look for a fiction novel that falls into the mystery/suspense category but this one intrigued me. I'll hold off on telling about it til I'm done but it's quite a page turner!

So...tell me what you've been reading lately!

(Oh....and just so you fellow Karen Kingsbury junkies know....I finally bought Take One & it's on the shelf to be read, too! I'm way behind on the Baxter family!!)

1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That biography of the Muslim woman sounds interesting. Also, I like a good thriller page turner. SO the 13 Reasons sounds good too. I finished a series that MIL gave me. Her book club read them. It is called The Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin. There are 5 books in this series- it centers around the life of King Hezekiah and his descendants. Based on scripture - these books were GREAT!!!
I am now reading a book called "Jewel" by Bret Lott - also got this from MIL, a gook her book club loved. It was on the "Oprah book club" list. Not that it means it will be good. I have read a few books from "her" list and been so irritated I read them. But, Sharon gave a great recommendation for it. It is a fiction book. I'll let you know what I think when I am done.
Also, I am a one book at a time, kind of girl. You crack me up that you can be reading all those books at one time.
Have a great week. Missing you!!