Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Oct. 25th


Today marks 1 month until my favorite holiday--Thanksgiving. And so today begins my month of gratefulness. Every day from now until Thanksgiving, I will post 1 thing I am grateful for. I'm going to keep a running list throughout the month. Please join me in posting to your blog things you are grateful for.

Today I am grateful for my home.
I have a roof over my head when it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. I have walls around me to protect me from wind, rain, snow, sleet, hail and invaders (of the human or bug or animal variety). I have furniture to sit on, a table to eat at, floors that protect my feet from injury.

According to this website, the statistics for homelessness in the United States are as follows.
  • There are 671,859 people experiencing homelessness on any given night in the United States - roughly 22 of every 10,000 people are homeless.
  • Of that number, 37 percent are people in families and 63 percent are individuals.
And according to this site, the numbers world wide show that there are roughly 100 million homeless people.

And so, tonight I am grateful for my home. What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay being grateful! We could all use a little more of that! Sometimes it is so good for you to point out the positive instead of the negative. Great idea.