Saturday, July 19, 2014

Follow up about Graze.com

A few days ago, I posted THIS post about snacking.  Today I got my shipment from the company mentioned in that post, so I wanted to post a follow-up.

First of all, this is what the box looked like when it arrived in my mailbox.  I know it's a tad hard to tell the size of the box by this picture, but it was about 1.5" thick, and about the length & width of a shoe box.  (for women's shoes!)


When you open up the box, it looks like this.


In my box, I got the following snacks.
(Top Left) Smoky Chipotle dip with rosemary breadsticks
(Top Right) Fruit & Seed Flapjack bars (think granola bar)
(Bottom Left)  Chili & Honey Almonds
(Bottom Right)  Key Lime Pie (snack mix)

Each of the snacks is about the size of my hand.


I opened the flapjack (the one in my hand in the pic above) first.  It was a very soft, moist, chewy granola bar snack.  It was made with rolled oats, mixed seeds & dried fruit.  It was SOOOO yummy!  This flapjack was cut into 3 pieces, so I ate one, then moved onto one of the other snacks (I wanted to try them all!)

Sarah opened the chipotle dip & rosemary sticks but was not thrilled with it.  She said the dip was a little sweet.  I tasted it & found it to be very tasty.

Next, Sarah opened the Key Lime Pie snack mix.  It was a combination of lime raisins, mini meringues, sponge (cake) pieces {but they really just looked like tiny Nilla Wafers to me!} and green raisins.  She doesn't like raisins, so she ate around the raisins & enjoyed several of the mini cookies & mini meringues.  However, when I tried 1 of each kind of raisin together w/ the mini meringues & mini cookies, it really did taste like key lime pie!  Yummy!

Last, I opened the chili & honey almonds.  Since I love flavored almonds, I really expected to like this, but they were way too spicy for me.  I don't like spicy things too much, so those were a no-go for us.  {Don't worry...I didn't starve.  I went back & finished off the flapjack bars!!}

All in all, the box was a hit.  And it helps that it was totally FREE.  I've had 2 people sign up under my friend code, so I will receive a couple dollars off my next box.  They're supposed to be $6 per box, so my next box will only cost $4.  And I figure, if I went to the convenience store & bought 4 snacks for the kids and I to share, I'd probably spend at least a dollar or two on each snack, so the cost is not totally unreasonable.

I'm looking forward to see what my next Graze box brings!!

{And don't worry--after trying all our snacks, I went to the Graze site & rated the snacks I got today.  We will never get another package of the chili & honey almonds....and we'll only occasionally get the chipotle dip & rosemary sticks!}


No comments: