Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Flu day #2

6:10am - woke up, Sarah told me she'd coughed some during the night & her throat felt tight. In listening to her talk, I realized that she was having some trouble breathing clearly, so I set up her nebulizer & got her started on a breathing treatment. Not really a full-fledged asthma attack, but definately something we could treat & take care of right away without a trip to the doc. Thus, the life with an asthmatic daughter.

By 6:15, I pointed toward cereal & toast for the kids' breakfasts...after all, I didn't want to actually TOUCH anything they'd be eating. Everyone got settled on what they wanted to eat, then changed their minds. Well, 2 of the 3 did. Sarah ended up waving her arm around telling Savannah something & hit her cereal bowl, tossing milk & cheerios all over the floor. With zero energy to clean it up (she was sobbing & upset that I'd be mad), I told the kids to go get towels & sop up the milk. When the cheerios dried later, I'd sweep them up. Until then, towels on the floor would suffice.

6:25 Samuel swore his toast was burned & he couldn't eat it. After asking to "help" me make a dozen other things (none of which I had the energy to mess with), I told him to get a cereal bar & drink his milk. He got a cereal bar & sat down with it & proceeded to goof off for another 30 minutes. I sat there eating my yogurt & taking my medicine & prayed that they'd get it together and out the door w/ Larry on time.

By 7:15, Larry was rounding them up to finish whatever they were doing & get out the door on time. As they went out the door about 7:35, I heard Samuel saying how he'd never eaten his cereal bar. Grrrrr!

I sat down at the computer for a few minutes to check my email before getting drowsy. By 8:15, I was crawling under the covers. I slept for a little over an hour. I woke up hungry & realized that I'd never finished my yogurt this morning. I went looking for a snack & couldn't find anything that didn't require effort to prepare so I got the hummus & crackers out. I ate about 4 or 5 crackers' worth before I was done. I drank some powerade with it & layed back down. I couldn't really sleep, but I was too tired feeling to get up & do anything either. About 10:45, I put my book down & fell asleep again.

I didn't sleep a long time, only til 11:30 when someone in the neighborhood cranked up their lawn mower or leaf blower or something. Whatever it was woke me up.

The rest of the day was spent between the bed, the recliner & the computer chair. I go in waves of having some energy to having zero energy, from feeling "ok" to feeling like I've worked out every muscle in my body & ache pretty intensely. The coughing comes & goes. I can tell the med for that is working. And I'm not feeling the 'tightness' in my chest like I was yesterday so the antibiotic/steroid/antiviral stuff is helping with all that.

Mom brought us supper (it was good, thank you mama!!!) so that I didn't have to be up, cooking (or touching anything that the rest of the family is eating!) tonight.

I'm reaching the end of my day now. And I can feel it. It's only 7:20 but I'm already ready to get in bed for the night. It won't be long now........

About time for the nightly disinfecting. Clorox wipes & Lysol all around!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Three cheers for Mom! :) How sweet that she brought you all dinner.