Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tues Nov 2

Today I am thankful for my job. I'm so lucky that I've had nothing but great jobs for many, many years now. Let me back up a little.

In the early 90s, I got my first "official" job. You know, the first one that was not a babysitting job or one where I worked for family & friends and was paid in cash. I worked for Mazzio's Pizza. (this one isn't the same one I worked for, but it looks a lot like it!)


I was only there for a few months when I met Larry.


He moved to town to go to college. He had been working for Mazzio's in his hometown so he transferred to 'my' Mazzio's. Oh yes....it was love by the pizza oven. When we got married 2 years later, I transferred to the Mazzio's near our new home. I only worked there for 4 months because we moved again.

At that point, I quit college to work a few semesters & save up some money. I went to work for Albertson's grocery company. I started off as a Cashier but quickly moved into the office where I became one of the store's bookkeepers.

In December of 1995, I found out I was pregnant with our first baby. I worked at Albertsons until about 2 weeks before my due date. When I quit working, I had already made up my mind that I wouldn't be returning. I became a full time stay at home mom in August of 1996.

I stayed at home with my kiddos for almost 1 full decade before I went back to work part time as a Mother's Day Out teacher.


I worked at a local church day care & stayed there til the day care shut down a few years later. When they did, I moved to a private preschool.


In August, I was offered a new job in the local school district. And while I had no plans to leave preschool, the job offer was a good one I needed to consider & I took it! I don't think I will post any pictures or info about my new job, but suffice it to say, it's quite different working with teens vs. the little ones I'm used to working with these last 5 years!

To say I am blessed is an understatement. I have cooshy work hours. I am available to take my kids to school & there to pick them up. I am home with them during the hours they are home. And my past three jobs have worked this way. Seriously folks, I am blessed.

In a world where so many people are searching for jobs, where the economy is the way it is, where people are going without food and shelter because their company downsized, I can only point to the Lord above & give Him credit for my incredible luxury of having a job I like with benefits like these!

And so, tonight, I am thankful for my job.

No comments: