Friday, November 26, 2010

My kids' thankful lists


Yesterday while we drove to my husband's family's get together, I handed each of the kids a paper to fill out for me. On one side, they were supposed to list a couple things about each of their siblings that they were thankful for. (Gotta reinforce the fact that they really do like each other now & then!) On the other side, they were supposed to list a bunch of random things they're thankful for (not sibling-specific). I wanted to share those lists with you. Some of the things they listed are funny, but some of it is really deep & sweet! I'm proud to be these kids' mama!

Savannah's lists:
On the side where she listed the things she's thankful for about her siblings--
Samuel: He's funny. He lets me play in his room (sometimes). He plays video games with me. He loves God.
On the other side, her list of things she is thankful for---
God, my salvation, the Bible, libraries, my family, my friends, notebooks, pens & pencils, high-speed internet, Mrs. Bolin, babies, Daisy, Jesus, authors, America (life in), education, equality, my home, doctors, the sun, moon, stars, Earth, milk, swimming pools, phones, Adventures in Odyssey, bags, pillows, my robe, books, TV, my bed, forgiveness, the ability to see, hear, taste, touch, feel pain, feel joy, to smell, my hair, my health, chances at publication, Christmas, Mrs. Benae & Mr. Mike, Grandma, Grandpa, cars (fast), airplanes, sunrises, sunsets, tissues, Mountain Dew, orange juice, cups, straws, donuts, honey buns, trees, oxygen, trials, joy & forgiveness, flowers, Totino's thin crust frozen pizzas, food always available.

Samuel's lists:
On the side where he listed the things he's thankful for about his siblings (spelling & grammar left the way he wrote it)--
Savannah: 1 because she is my loving sister 2 cause she love's me 3 U love me
Sarah: because she make's me smile And because you are my friend
On the other side, his list of things he is thankful for---
I'm thankful for my family & friends and that I am a good gun shooter & my sisters.

Sarah's lists:
On the side where she listed the things she's thankful for about her siblings--
Savannah: because this morning when we were playing she laughed at something that I did that was really funny
Samuel: Because sometimes we play games in the car.
On the other side, her list of things she is thankful for---
family, blankie, Daisy, that I'm living, that someone as nice as Ms. Lohmeyer is my teacher at school, God


You know....sometimes I wonder if the kids hear anything at all that we teach them. And then I read things like this & realize that maybe we're doing something right after all.

No comments: