Monday, November 14, 2011

Lead me home.

This morning before we left to get everyone to school, the kids ran out of time & no one had a chance to go out & feed and water Daisy, our basset hound. This happens frequently and when it does, I know the job is mine when I get back home from driving them. This morning, however, I went to clean a coworker's home before I came back home.

Upon arriving back home a little more than an hour later, I walked to the front door prepared to grab the keys to the shed (where the dog food is stored) and head to the backyard. But before I made it to the front door, my very frightened, nervous & shaken looking Daisy ran up to greet me on our porch. She was obviously very antsy. I knew something was up & she was scared. Immediately, I wondered HOW she got out of our fence in the backyard. She's NEVER been outside the fence by herself. My mind immediately whirled with thoughts of "How did she get out? How long has she been out? Is she hurt? Did someone bring her back home?"

I went to the backyard with her & found that one of the gates to the yard was opened just a tiny bit --- just wide enough for her to get out. I realized then that it must've been left ajar last night. And since no one went out to check on Daisy this morning, I worried that perhaps she got out sometime last night and could've been wandering all night long! Or maybe she got out just minutes before I got home and had not gone far? Our next door neighbor said that he had seen Daisy in his backyard this morning, so perhaps she only made it that far & then panicked because she couldn't figure out how to get back INTO our yard. Once she found her mommy on the front porch & was safely returned to her yard, she curled up in her doghouse & went to sleep....I'm sure exhausted from her scary little adventure, whether it lasted 15 minutes or 8 hours!

Later today, as I thought about her whirlwind morning, I realized how much I desire to be like Daisy. She realized she was in trouble & ran to me for help. And it was only after everything was back to normal, when she was returned to the place she knew was safe, that she was able to rest. I want to always remember to run to God, frantic for the safety of His shelter. How often do we seek Him with a sense of urgency, a worried look on our face as we RUN to His arms? Do we hunger for His word & run to the foot of the Cross?

Lord, lead me to the Cross again & again.



Lyrics:
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemption's hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom

Chorus
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
Te word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

chorus

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

No comments: