Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday July 30

My tummy is in knots tonight.  As I sit here typing this, I know that in less than 24 hours, I will legally, officially, financially, physically be responsible for two more children from now on.  Not that I haven't been responsible for them these past 5 1/2 months, but after tomorrow, it will be "officially official".  We go to court at 1:30pm (CST) to finalize the custody stuff.  After that hearing, we will be the Managing Conservators for Andrew & Kourtney.  While this doesn't really change a whole lot for anyone, it just makes it all legal & official.  I guess I'm having the same type of jitters that I had the night before I had labor induced....kind of like knowing that "this is it".  It's really happening.  Know what I mean?  I'm excited & happy that the day has arrived to put this part of all of this behind us, but my tummy is nervous.
We haven't told the kids about this because it just doesn't seem to make any sense to bother telling them now.  They're comfortable here & our kids are settled into life with them here, so as far as they all know, it's official already.  No point in worrying them or making any of them feel unstable or insecure.
Larry's parents (also G's parents) are coming to go with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I haven't heard your story yet and would love to.   How old are the kids and is your adoption going to be final tomorrow?  Good Luck to you.  How exciting.
Kim
Mom to 10, Wife to 1

Anonymous said...

i finally can make my comments here, yippi..i agree with you on not telling the kids anything. may the angels wrap their wings around you both at your time of need. debbie "O"