Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sun July 16

First of all, Happy Birthday Jennifer!  Today is my sister's birthday.  Thank you for being a listening ear throughout all this stuff the past few months.  I love ya!  The kids & I are anxiously looking forward to Tuesday!

The kids & I are looking forward to a relaxing, yet fun week.  We spent the past week doing so many home repairs & cleaning that we all need a break!  Tuesday we're going to go over to my sister's house for swimming & cooking hotdogs on the grill.  Wednesday we will go to Chuck E. Cheese & play games til we run out of tokens!  Thursday we'll go to the park & play a game from our summer game book.  Friday is a craft day (haven't decided yet which craft we'll do....any ideas?).

Next week, Kourtney & Sarah will go to their Discovery Science Place camp & then Samuel will go to his the following week.  That same week (July 31-Aug 4), Savannah & Andrew will go to church camp.  They're all very excited about these coming weeks!

Crazy as it is, we looked at the calendar tonight & realized....school starts 1 month from tomorrow!  August 17th is the first day.  Of course, Savannah & Andrew groaned while Samuel, Sarah & Kourtney all cheered.  Ahhh...the glorious innocence of the little ones!  :)  Untainted by homework & bad cafeteria food.....they shall learn.  Ha ha!  just kidding.  I'm glad they're excited about it.  I remember the anticipation that always preceded the start of a new school year.  It's fun to look forward to all the new things.

The school supply lists are LONG (times 5 kids!!) but thanks to getting them at the end of the year last year, I've had all summer to hammer away at them.  I usually get 1-2 items from each list every week when I grocery shop.  My mom has taken on a few things from each list as well, so we're down to the last few things from each list now.  Good thing, too.  I can't imagine having gotten the lists on the "Meet the Teacher" night & trying to buy it all then!  Ouch!

I'm going to hush now.  This has not been a very exciting post...just filling you in on things going on here.  :)  Have a good week!

No comments: