Sunday, July 2, 2006

Sunday July 2

Today was fun.  We had a church-wide picnic on Lake Palestine at the Schambach Revival Headquarters.  The main attraction was an enormous Slip & Slide that the children's pastor set up.  It was just a giant piece of plastic, about 8ft. wide & 200 ft. long!  It started at the top of a big hill & went downhill.  The kids LOVED it.  Some of the adults liked it, too!  :)  We had a big cookout with hotdogs & hamburgers and lots of desserts, but I don't think any of the kids actually got to the food because they spent the entire 3 hours on the big slide.  :)

As I type this, I am listening to the Casting Crowns "Lifesong" CD.  One of my 2 favorite songs from the CD is on.  I love the chorus to this song.  It says:

"Just love them like Jesus, carry them to Him.  His yoke is easy, His burden is light.  You don't need the answers to all of life's questions, Just know that He loves them & stay by their side.  Love them like Jesus."

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our church does the slip and slide stuff to and the kids have a blast..

I just love Casting Crowns....