Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sun Nov 12

My mind is full.  We will send the kids to school in the morning, then come back home & get the van packed then go get the kids from school before taking off & heading to The Woodlands for Sandy's funeral.  Larry will be my copilot, my navigator, so I think I can do it with him by my side coaching me.  That part I've driven once before---with white knuckles & clenched fists---but I've done it & I suppose I can do it again.

Now....Tuesday is when it gets scary.  I will have to drive down into & through Houston.  That part has me worried.  I hate long RIDES....really hate to be the driver....and into a huge Metropolitan city, that part REALLYYYYYYYYY scares the crap out of me.  So, if you have time & think about it, please cover me in prayers Tuesday.  I sure wish I could do this all under different circumstances.  I wish Sandy wasn't gone...I wish Larry was driving...I wish, I wish, I wish....

Isn't that how life always goes?  We wish we weren't overweight, we wish we had a bigger house, we wish we drove a different car...and the list goes on & on & on.  But what we have is the here & now.  What we have is what God has given us & the place He has put us.  What we need to focus on and work through is what is here.  If we wish away today & worry about tomorrow, we are never able to just focus on what God has given us right now.  And so, because Scripture tells us to praise Him even in the hard times, I will choose to worship throughout this trip.  I choose to thank God all along the way for the tight spots in traffic, the construction (isn't it inevitable?) on the freeway, the fights going on in my backseat, the husband who is gorked out on pain medicine beside me in the reclined passenger seat.....

If I focus my mind on Jesus, how can any of the driving/travel part go wrong?  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((LIZ)))  Praying for safe traveling.. I understand.. Traffic scares me too..but then again I live in the Country and that just makes it worse...  I pray that when you are traveling it will be the PERFECT time of day!