Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

Last night when the kids went to bed, Andrew said that his TMJ joint-area was sore.  I thought he might have a molar coming in, so I felt around on his gums--nothing.  I wasn't sure what it was, but decided to let him sleep & see how it was this morning.  Unfortunately, it did not get better during the night.  I woke up to his screams of pain as he had rolled over onto that side of his face & realized that it HURT.  He came running, holding that side of his face.  When he moved his hand & I saw the golf-ball sized knot sticking out, I knew our Thanksgiving morning would be an exciting one.  :)  He could barely open his mouth at all & couldn't turn his head from side to side because of the swelling.  I gave him 1 Ibuprofen (for the swelling & pain) & his ADHD med and headed to the after-hours urgent care place.  By the time we got there, the swelling was a lot better & the pain was reduced.  Turns out, it was just a HUGELY swollen lymph node & he has tonsilitis!  Whew!  He's taken 2 doses of penicillin now & seems to be doing fine now.  Thank goodness it wasn't anything worse.

We went to Larry's family's get together today & enjoyed time with them.  We had our big lunch of all the traditional stuff & then (true to East Texas!), most of the crowd went out to shoot guns at targets.  It looked like the Redneck Family Holiday card, I swear!  LOL!

When we left, we stopped at the rest stop at Love's Lookout in Jacksonville, TX.  You can see about 30 miles in one direction, so it is a really neat view.  Now, if you don't know where we live, it's NE Texas, so you'll get a kick out of this.  As all the kids peered off the ledge, they pointed out houses, colorful trees, power lines (that we were up above!), etc.  Kourtney was the most "visionary" of the bunch I guess.  She pointed to the North & said, while jumping up & down, "I can see the ocean!!!!!!!".  LOL!  Larry & I cracked up.  You can see a long way from this lookout, but not quite THAT far.  ha ha!

Tomorrow we will make the trip to my sister's house for my family's Thanksgiving get together!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much sickness this year:( glad Andrew is feeling better:) glad the big get together and dinner went well:) have fun tomorrow at your other dinner

Deb

Anonymous said...

HA! Sounds like our family get-togethers. Wash the dishes, go outside and shoot. Hunt the eggs, then go shoot. watch the game, then go shoot! Open the presents, then go shoot. LOL

Hey, you know we just moved to town from waaaayyy out in the country. From our old backyard we could look up and sort of southwest and we could see Love's Lookout. It's beautiful from below, too! I haven't been to the top since I was a kid, so I don't know if you can see our house from up there. I love that we are living closer to town now, but I really miss that view.
Kathy