Monday, November 27, 2006

To God be the Glory!

A couple of months ago, Larry & I decided that we hate bunk beds.  Not only have we always worried about the kids' safety on them, we hate having to climb up there (or send a kid up) to change the sheets on them, etc.  They're just a real pain.  BUT, when A&K moved in, it was the quickest solution we could find to get the kids all into a bed.  My parents gave us a set of bunks they had for the boys.  Those bunks proved to be squeeky & just really always made me paranoid because the boys are more apt to see if they can fly when they jump off.  (I say "when" because it's inevitable that a kid is going to try it sooner or later!)  Anyway, when we started thinking about this, we decided the PERFECT solution for the boys' room would be a set of Captain's Beds.  If you don't know what they are, look at these for an example:  http://www.nextag.com/captain-bed/search-html  This is a picture of a full-sized bed, but we were thinking of twin-sized.  Anyway, they'd be ideal because we could get rid of the chest of drawers & use the drawers under the bed instead.  When we started looking for them, however, we realized how pricey they are & that we can't afford them!  Of course, we should've known that when we say "We can't", God always seems to work out the "We can".  True to His character, a couple of weeks ago, a friend at work (who is moving to California) told me that she was selling all her furniture before the move....and wouldn't you know, she has a set of Captain's beds she wants to get rid of!?  When she told me the price, I told her to hang onto them for me b/c she was asking an AMAZING price for these 2 beds & I didn't want to miss out on them.  Larry & I went to look at the beds last week & told her that between now & Christmas (when she's moving), we'd come up w/ the money & come get them.  Well.......................

Last night at church, a friend handed me an envelope & said someone had asked that he give it to Larry.  I promised I'd pass it on & thought nothing more of it before I put it in my pocket.  Later last night, I remembered the envelope & gave it to Larry.  He opened it & found cash with a note saying simply "To God be the glory!".  We have no idea who it was from.

The funny thing is, the amount in the envelope exactly covered the cost of the beds we're getting the boys (tonight!) plus enough to pay our electric bill that is due this week.  We were going to be fine on paying the electric bill, but it's always nice to get a break from the high cost of electricity!  "To God be the glory" INDEED!  PTL for His provisions.  He truely does care for our every need, doesn't He?

If the giver of that envelope is reading this, please know that we appreciate your gift.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'll make sure & post pictures of the beds when we get them here & set up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOWOWOW Liz!  Praise God!  :)  Don'tcha just LOVE when He does stuff in such a BIG way?!?!  

(((Liz & Family)))

Anonymous said...

God is great:) have a good week

Deb