Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday Sept 4

Have I ever shared how much I love school fundraisers?

Last year, Samuel finished up one fundraiser & took the money/order form to school to turn in.  I kid you not....the NEXT DAY he came home w/ a new fundraiser.  I threw it in the trash.  No way was I going to bug the same people all over again to buy more crap.

This year, on the first day of school, his teacher sent home a school newsletter that explained all the plans for the first month of school.  It mentioned a fundraiser.  I tried to just overlook that & read the rest, though.

WELL.....on Friday, Savannah brought home her first fundraiser for the year.  These are discount cards/coupon things for local restaurants mainly.  I emailed local friends/family & asked if they wanted one, but felt guilty for doing that much.  I know people get sick of hearing about what the school kids are peddling each week.

Today Sarah brought home a cookie dough fundraiser sheet.  Good grief.  You'd think the schools could coordinate their efforts & at least get these things in some sort of staggered order so that every kid in every neighborhood isn't selling something all at the same time.

Larry told me last night that Samuel's Boy Scout fundraiser (popcorn) will begin soon.  Not to mention the one that he will do for school apparently sometime this month.

The dance studio does a candle sale at some point.  At least w/ that one I can guarantee where the money goes!  It goes toward paying for her costume at recital time & her recital fees!  That one I may really pursue doing, if anyone can stand to see me show up at their doorstep by then!

As much as I hate selling stuff for the schools, I'm a total sucker for the kids who show up at my door.  If your kiddo sells something, let me know.  I always fall for a sweet face saying "can you buy a ....... for my school?".  Until then.....anybody want cookie dough or a local discount card for restaurants around here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate hate hate fundraisers too.. Now the discount cards do come in handy and you usually get way more for your money.  Love the cookie dough/pizza ones too...lol  I hate the ones with all the wrapping papers..   Dance sells peanuts.. I don't like asking family to help me support my daughter in her dancing...

I know a lot of people LOVE the scout popcorn... But when you don't work in a big office you have no one to bug...  I usually just buy from my own kids and don't ask anyone..

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can see how much you love those fundraisers! LOL! :) I hate soliciting anyone for anything so they'd go right in my trash too. That's annoying to have to deal with SO MANY of them! What are the ones from the school for? I can see the point of Sarah's for her dance class...
Love, Alyssa

Anonymous said...

OH, OH, OH....let me know when the popcorn sale starts. I love the Boy Scout popcorn!