Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

It's here, it's here!  Christmas Eve is upon us.  I'm so excited.  Today the kids & I picked out a cake mix & icing for our party in the morning.  The girls & I went to the store and got our party goods.  Tonight we went to look at Christmas lights.  While we were driving the kids sang Christmas songs.  Larry & I loved Sarah's version of the first day of Christmas gift....a "par-trer-edge" in a pear tree.  :)  When we got home, the kids did one last chore (helping Samuel clean up his room!) & then settled in for the night.  They're all sleeping in there together tonight. We're all ready.  The cookies are on the coffee table for Santa.  The cake is made.  The final picture of the tree with presents under it has been taken.  All the cards have been gazed upon.  It's really Christmastime!!  WooHoo!

I spent most of the morning & early afternoon working on laundry.  I wasn't done yet in this picture, but check it out.  This is what a family of five wears/uses in 1 week's time.  Ok, so now my secret's out.  I'm no Suzy Homemaker.  I only fold my laundry once a week when there is a TON waiting for me.  Notice the festive "Merry CHristmas" note on the foot of my bed.  Sarah put it there.

And wouldn't you know my cherubic children practically whistled while they worked to put these clothes away tonight.  (Well, that's what I'm going to call the whining I heard.....)

We got a lot of cards this year.  If you sent one, it's up on our living room wall right now.  Take a look.  See one you recognize?

Those are my red kitchen cabinets to the right.  I love my red cabinets!

One last look at the tree before all the gifts get opened tomorrow morning.  I should've turned on the lights before taking this pic.  Oh well...you get the idea.

The kids set out cookies & milk for Santa before they went to bed.

But the most important part of tomorrow morning is right here---all the goodies for our party.

We will start our morning with a party for Jesus & Larry will read the story of Jesus's birth from the Bible.  While we don't know the exact date of Jesus's birth, this is when we as Christians choose to celebrate it.  And so our family makes it a true party in every sense of the word.  We have cake for breakfast where we all blow out the candles.  We have party hats, fun napkins & plates & cups.  After all, we do this for all the rest of the family's birthdays...why not for Jesus?  The kids are not allowed to leave Samuel's bedroom (where they are all sleeping) until we finish the party.  When we're done, we'll all go into the living room to open gifts.  See ya tomorrow....I'll share pictures of our party & present opening time then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys have a birthday party for Jesus! That is an awesome tradition! I may have to do that one day when I have children of my own! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! We sure did!